1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does emotional attraction to girls make u bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tomwinsatlife, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Tomwinsatlife

Hi i just am in a little state of confusion here. For the past, ahhh well i guess 4 years its been pretty clear that i had no sexual attraction to girls. And i still i dont. This past year i finally accepted that i was gay and told my cousin!!! Well now that im a little more comfortable with my sexuality, ive notuced that i recently have started feeling strong emotional attraction to girls. Like i cant even look at a girls naked body cuz it grosses me out (no offense girls your bodies are beatiful hehe just not to me) but i feel attracted to like girl characters on tv shows and stuff. Ex: if any of you know the show the vampire diaries, well i found that i was feeling some emotions for caroline and elena. And then i would look at stefan and get sweaty palms haha. Idk does this make me bi????

2. I think that would make you biromantic homosexual if you wanted to label it. Bisexual mostly applies if you are both sexually and romantically attracted to men and women. Hope that helps =)

3. LD579

It depends what you define as strong feelings. I can definitely say that I've had great friendships with girls, but I'm not attracted to girls in any way in terms of romance and sex. With that said, girl characters, to generalize, are often done quite nicely as characters, at least in the games and media that I expose myself to. They have an appeal that people find... appealing. The same can be said for other characters, of course, but still.

4. Holly

I think it depends if you view your sexuality as made up of two parts - emotional attraction and sexual attraction, or just sexual attraction. Personally, I decided/realised a lot of my sexuality based on my views of relationships... I can still appreciate a guy's looks, but I certainly can never see myself sleeping with one/dating one. So really, it depends how far you want to differentiate it.

5. animequeen567

I believe you are looking for the term biromantic homosexual. It sounds like you are only romantically attracted to females and not sexually.

6. Gen

Gen

Before I label myself as biromantic I would give it some time, especially at your age. Before and in the early stages of puberty it is very common and easy to confuse the feelings of admiration and attraction with one another. Its not as much about maturity, but largely biological. Though even despite age, from what you have describe it doesn't sounds like you are emotionally attracted to women as much as you can feel an emotion connection to them.

Emotional connections are very common with fiction characters and platonic friendships. It is very natural for you to feel feelings of empathy, enjoyment, and comfort around other individuals without being attracted to them. Emotion Attraction falls under the same guidelines of Sexual Attraction. There is a level of relation to ourselves. Its not simply that they are beautiful; its that we what to be with them in a literal sense.

Emotional Attraction is not feeling emotion for an individual. Attraction stems from "to attract" which means to bring together(In this case, it is you and the other individual). Emotional Attraction is to wish to be with that person on an emotional level. Much like Sexual Attraction is the desire to be with that person on a sexual/physical level.