1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26 and very confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ekm87, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am 26 years old and have had one boy friend i liked him but it didnt feel right being with a guy. I thought it was from some past trauma, but recently when I was in therapy I told my therapist it would be so much easier if I was with a girl. I think boys are cute and stuff but I can not see myself going all the way with a guy I would stop at the kissing, beyond that does not really interest me. I know i would feel safe and comfortable going all the way with a girl. I dont know if I am over thinking what my therapist said, or if I am confused about what I am. Any help???? I think I know but I am not sure:icon_sad:

2. rusteejay

I'm in the same position really, except for the therapist (I hate therapists) :/ I'm thinking that the best thing to do is to just do it. Give it a go and see how it feels. I'm guessing you haven't necessarily had an opportunity though?

3. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No I haven't had the opportunity. It feels right to want to be with a girl. And after the other day I am not a huge fan of therapists. This has been eating me alive for years and I have always wanted to try to be with a girl. Its just finding someone who would understand I am still a little confused and willing to be with me knowing that information.

4. rusteejay

Yeah, I know what you mean. The desire to want to try it makes it worse. I think you know what you are, you just need someone to turn up. I bet if you start to look harder, there'll be more opportunities. At the moment you're too stuck on what you are or what you aren't. I always jump in the deep end with big decisions like this, otherwise you'll build up more nerves and I imagine, being 26, its quite bad already. There's someone for everyone is my philosophy!

5. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yah I know, and I am pretty sure I know what I am but its the fact that it will change everything and my best friend who is gay isnt as supportive as i thought he would be. I know I would much rather be with a female and stuff. Its I so afraid to jump in the deep end and I wouldnt even know where to start or how to explain it to someone.

6. rusteejay

Well, I often drink and that helps. I'm joking of course, don't do that. What you've said and to who really slaps you in the face afterwards. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well, id say telling people isn't important until you've got that special girl by your side to help you through it. Otherwise you're alone with the world in front of you. Someone to hold your hand while you tell the world will change everything :slight_smile:

7. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    but how do you go about finding that person when i know what i am but still a little confused about it all? I mean it would help if I felt like I had someone on my side.

8. rusteejay

Sadly, I'm stuck there myself... Don't fancy online dating and gay bars would freak me out a bit, too overwhelming. I'd say run it by word of mouth. I'll bet there's more gays around than we see!

9. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you are probably right. My best friend is gay and he just found a boyfriend maybe I can drag them to a few places with me to help me find that special someone. Online dating scares me a little. I just feel that if I bump into a friend everything will change, but then they wouldnt of been my friend in the first place. This is overwhelming and at 26 I want to start settling down at some point soon.

10. rusteejay

Yeah that's a great idea! I bet they can help. Make the most of what you have! And yeah, i suppose. Just throw caution to the wind and go wherever your heart takes you!

11. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My heart is taking me to girls I find them so much easier to be attracted to emotionally physically and they are easier for me to talk to minus my gay friend he is the best. Its just the fact that I dont know if its I dont want to accept it or I dont want to deal with what will happen when I do choose to come out. I find men attractive and think they are nice all my friends are mostly guys, but besides being friends I dont think I could be with a guy. I have dated one once and it felt rather wrong. I guess I know what I am most likely but dont want to accept it because I know only one person would accept my decision but it isnt a decision I didnt have a choice in the matter i guess.

12. rusteejay

Everyone who doesn't like it can either deal with it or get lost. I know its hard imagining those closest to you turning their backs on you but at the end of the day you'll have to face it sometime!

13. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know i will i think that is part of whats scaring me. i just want someone who loves me, snuggles me on a bad day and understands me. i guess i need to find a way to give it a go and hope no one sees. i deserve to be happy and thats a big thing. i know my best friend wont turn his back. but the thing where i dated a guy confuses me a little although he was very feminine