1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think I'm bi or gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wells, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Wells

Wells Guest

Hey to all, okay, here's my situation:

When I was 9, I had my first crush (albeit I didn't know it was one then) on a girl in my class. The next year we were going out, everyone knew at school, but it was only a kiddy relationship. The year after that, when I was 11 (and we weren't together anymore) I went out with another girl. At this time though, thoughts of kissing etc boys began to pop into my head. Then, I left primary school, or elementary school if you like. Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I was first attracted to my (male) best friend when I was 7.

Then I began secondary school, and I saw a girl and instantly fell for her. But the sexual thoughts with boys occured more. I never had sexual feelings for this girl though. Only occasionally. 18 months later, I moved schools when 'boy thoughts' were happening every minute of every day. As soon as I got there, I fell for a boy, and I did have sexual feelings for him (still do 4 months later). Straight sex only appeals to me every so often now.

So what's your verdict? Also, any advice with dealing with crushes (I haven't spoke to him yet, too..
    nervous to?) We have friends in common too.

Thanks for reading the whole thing, I know its probably same old same old to you, but I really do appreciate it. Also, I know love aint all about sex, but that's what I'm gauging my sexuality with.

(PS I'm 13 now, nearly 14 and sorry for the formalness, I've got autocorrect, I cant type right on tabs.:grin:

2. rusteejay

Blimey mate. You've got years ahead of you yet. Just go with what feels natural. Don't worry about what you are or aren't. Its what you want that counts. You want that lad? Go for him. Courage is difficult to fathom, but it can't do any harm. I'm 18 and I'll tell you what, if you don't do things at your age, you'll keep trying to make up for them later in life!

3. LD579

Especially since you're relatively young, it can be hard to discern the difference between admiration and actually having a crush on someone. For now, it sounds like you have an attraction to guys, but to girls, it's more fuzzy as it's not sexual, but you can be attracted to them in another sense. For now, it might just make sense to say you're not straight, and to go see where your attractions to people take you.

To answer your question, yes, I do think you're either bisexual or gay. I wouldn't choose between either of them just yet, though.

4. SusanaB

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with rusteejay and Luthan!

5. Sr Francium

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I forget what it's called but maybe by chance you are emotionaly attached to girls and sexually and emotionaly attached to guys?

6. LD579

The terms would be, in the topic creator's case, biromantic and homosexual. Put that together: biromantic homosexual.

I still stick by my post, though. Labels are best applied once the 'user' has a relatively better sense of what their sexuality is.

7. Wells

Wells Guest

:smilewaveThanks for replying guys, I've taken it all on board

8. biggayguy

A lot of people do go through a phase of exploring their sexuality with both genders. I wouldn't worry about labeling myself too quickly.

9. Deaderpool2

Seconded to everything everyone has said. Don't be in too big a rush to identify yourself. Take your time and think things through over what you find appealing in both genders, and not just sexual, before deciding.
    When i was your age I still couldn't get get used to the idea of the various acts of gay sex but i knew i would rather have kissed or just been close in that way to guys rather than girls.
    its hard to describe because its something YOU yourself become fully aware of, its not something anyone can straight out tel you. By the way even though this is a forum your WAY braver than me at your age. congrats for reaching this stage.
    by the way im not saying you cant be attracted to both, again that's something only you can become aware of, since i have never been attracted to girls.

10. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Give it time, some people know earlier than others. Right now you are probably bi-cur, a lot of times this becomes homosexuality, but give it time and see what happens.

11. Pat

Pat

All gay men are emotionally attracted to women lol.... You sound gay to me.

12. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You are what you are. Humans are more than just a label. If you don't feel comfortable labeling yourself yet, then don't. Some people never do. You like guys, you kinda like girls, and that might change as you mature. I think it is safe to say you aren't straight though.

13. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    My diagnosis of your condition: Kinsey 5!

Seriously though, you're young. You're at the stage of your life in which you're discovering who you are, so take it slow, explore your desires, have fun, and stay safe. :wink:

Regarding your guy crush, I'd recommend you try to find out if he's into guys or curious about that before you make any moves. In an ideal world, you'd be able to go up to him and asked him out like a straight guy would a girl, and if he weren't into guys he'd just tell you, and that would be that. Unfortunately we don't live in that ideal world, and bullying from your peers might be an issue. So be careful.

14. RainbowScratch

Out Status:
    A few people
    wouldn't worry your self to much