1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud to be a masculine gay man

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mikey34, Jul 19, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the very first time I can say that I am at peace with being a gay masculine man. Thats saying alot if you read my past posts youll see why lol. I am now realizing that everythingi went through so has every other gay man.
    I will not go to hell because God made me this way from Birth.
    I feel weird being in a relationship with a man even though its what i want because I did not have any pos gay role models
    I will not lose my masculinity, as a matter of fact its been the exact opposite and im a more confident tough alpha male because that weight has been lifted
    It is ok to find women attractive it doesnt mean i want to have a relationship with them- which i dont because I never wanted to date one i just knew that idea would make me popular as a kid in the 90s .
    I do not have to fit into a stereotype or tell anyone i dont want to. There is a time and place for everything and you have to consider your audience. I have told a few people and the response was positive however none of them have been family members. Id like to be able to tell my parents at least. I am working on that.

I want to be a pos masc gay male role model. I want to be gay my way and help eliminate the stereotype. I just want to say thank you to all of EC. I starting to like me now. In 34 yrs ive never felt that way. :icon_bigg

2. Gen

Gen

I'm happy that you are growing into a level of peace with yourself.

The only thing that I would advise is to not become focused around the ideal that your being a positive role model is centered around your expression of masculinity. For one, every social group has their own unique set of stereotypes that are created by the rest of society, LGBTQ groups will not be an exception.

It is no more negative to be stereotyped as feminine than it is masculine. The heterosexual male population doesn't often complain about being portrayed as too masculine. It is the fact that feminine is seem as weaker and less becoming in men that propels all of this stigma.

I'm sure you weren't trying to insinuate anything negative or anything. It is just something to be conscious of.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I understand the message Mikey is trying to get across, being gay doesn't make one any less of a man or woman for that matter.

4. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah in no way did i mean that. I have fem friends. I was more worried about my particular situation which i was afraid of losing my masculinity. In no way was i insinuating that

5. Gen

Gen

I never said that you were. I'm just saying that there were some places in which that was how the post came across. Personally, I know exactly what you meant. I only meant that when talking about topics such as these, this is something that you have to be conscious of.

Don't take anything that I said personally. I'm not saying that you are doing anything wrong by embracing your masculinity; I'm just saying that it was a little bit unclear what you mean by a 'positive role model', and although I might be able to infer that you were not insinuating anything negative by that, others might not come to the same conclusion

I was just advising to be conscious of that so people don't misinterpret what you say and flame wars erupt, as has happened multiple times in the past.

6. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No its all good thanks for your help. Many times when things are written down or text the meaning is taken differently. I appreciate the heads up. I am a pro wrestler and in that business no minority is really represented positively and i intend to help change that.

7. Gen

Gen

Yeah, I see what you mean. The sports community could do with a few more open minds. Well, good luck with facing those things in your career. : )

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a fast turnaround. Congratulations for accepting yourself for who you are. However, similar to what Gen said, everything should be done in moderation, so you shouldn't feel obligated to act hyper-masculine.

9. catboy

I am so glad you have accepted yourself and found peace in your sexual orientation! Good luck on your journey and continue to be a positive influence to others!

10. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you to some people , others are way hypersensitive. Thats all

11. AKTodd

Congrat man! You 'sound' about the happiest I've heard you since you started posting here(!)

Keep up the good work, keep smiling, and stay positive. And if you ever want to talk, whether about good stuff or struggles, we're always here for you.

Best,

Todd:thumbsup:

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Dude, your at a good place in your life, I don't think facing your family is too far off in the distant future for you, you seem strong enough to face it (*hug*)