1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan or Omnisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Odradek, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Odradek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I have been a member of this site for a long time but have been on a long hiatus. I have returned with some new thoughts. At my high-school, having a correct "label" for my orientation wasn't an issue, I dated cis-gendered boys and girls, so people assumed I was bisexual. I have also found myself attracted to transmen and genderqueer people (no transwomen, though that might just be because I haven't met any my age? I don't know if I am attracted to transwomen or not...) I know I am cis-gendered and attracted to people in and out of the gender binary. This coming year though, I will be attending a very liberal women's college where political correctness and accurate labeling is more important... I have researched the difference between pan and omnisexual, and I still don't know where I fit. I don't know if I "see" gender, which seems to be the distinguishing factor. Any thoughts? I am not disturbed by not being "labeled", I'm just curious as to how others see those labels and how I might explain my sexuality to others.

Thanks!(&&&)

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wikipedia redirects omnisexual to pansexual.
    I don't really thing there's that much of a difference.

3. AudreyMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There IS a difference, its just that a lot of people get confused on them. Judging by your main post, you DO see gender, as you have a preference to who you date. That should help clear up your decision :icon_bigg