1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compliments vs. attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by denise1234, Jul 23, 2013.

1. denise1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a random question...

Even though I know I'm not sexually/emotionally attracted to men, is it normal to enjoy the fact they like you/find you attractive? It kinda makes me feel bad like that I enjoy it? It's like I enjoy knowing that they think I'm good-looking, it's flattering (it makes me feel good about myself) even though I definitely do not want anything to come of it...

does this mean I like men?

-d

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know how you feel!
    My problem is that no women would ever find me attractive (or men for that matter). :frowning2:
    But it would definitely raise my self-esteem. It would give me the feeling that people want me to exist, which is something I never really feel. So I would like it a lot.
    If you're complimented in any way, whether the person complimenting you intends for you to know or not, it makes you feel good.

3. iHateThinking

You said you weren't sexually or romantically attracted to them and you wouldn't want anything to come of said compliments, so I think that pretty much answers the question. I think everyone likes to be complimented, irregardless of who it is. Compliments make you feel good.

Personally, when guys compliment me about anything I thank them, albeit feeling a bit awkward; but if a girl were to do the same thing I might get flustered and nervous, but also pretty darn happy.

Hopefully this helps a bit. :slight_smile: