1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by person57, Jul 24, 2013.

1. person57

As the title says, I'm confused about attraction. I'm attracted to boys and girls, but I'm attracted to boys mostly in a sexual way and emotional way. I'm never sexually attracted to girls but sometimes I consider experimenting them to see if I like it, however, I do get emotionally attracted to girls. Does this make me gay or bisexual? Thanks to the people who read this and replied to this. (P.S. I never experimented with a boy but I want to and I think I'll enjoy it with a boy. I never experimented with a girl either but I want to but I don't see myself enjoying it, unless if I'm emotionally attracted to the girl)

2. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Technically bisexual, but its tricky. I don't see how you could love a women more than a man if that's where your sexy side lies though.

Not saying you can't love a woman. Not saying you can't meet a women you happen to click with and do become very sexually attracted too.

Overall I think you should identify with what makes you comfortable but always remain open to possibilities

3. StormySea

Labels are only a loose fitting title to tell other people who you are, but it can mean much more to you! If you like guys and girls, you do in fact classify as bisexual, however what you describe would be a bit more specific like biomantic homosexual (you like guys romantically and sexually, but girls just romantically). To the face of other people, it sounds like you'd be dating guys and girls, so you should probably just say you're bisexual for the sake of simplicity! xD But you'll always know who and what you like, and that's all that really matters. :3

Personally, I'm into girls but open-minded, so I just tell people I'm bisexual in case I meet the right guy, even though I probably fall somewhere closer to the lesbian spectrum.

4. person57

Thank you so much for the answer. I really appreciate it and I'm glad that I finally know who I am :slight_smile:

5. EscapeArtist

I never mean to belittle anyone but I noticed that you're only fourteen and unfortunately sexuality can be a long and arduous journey. Kudos to you for having the courage to ask those difficult self-seeking questions.

Its completely possible to have close attraction with both genders but sexuality is where the scale changes. My most passionate friendships are with men but I would never think twice about considering a sexual encounter with them. I, myself am one hundred percent in the other direction.

Good luck!

#5 EscapeArtist, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. jvn95

I get you,

I have fallen in love with a girl before. It was very powerful and just the same as falling for a guy. But the sexual attraction was not there. I look at both and feel emotional attraction but only sexual to guys.

In the end, I want to be with guys over girls. Soooo I say I'm gay.

Ta-Da :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. person57

So is a biromantic homosexual a type of homosexuality or bisexuality?

8. CuriousBunny

I would call being a Biromantic Homosexual more of a type of homosexuality than a type of bisexuality, but it is actually a sexuality all on its own.

9. person57

Thank you for the answer :slight_smile:

10. CuriousBunny

Happy to help c: