1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know who I am

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by samantha71299, Jul 27, 2013.

1. samantha71299

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So basically I know that I am not straight. I am attracted to both males and females. But the thing is I am sexually and emotionally attracted to girls but with boys it is simply emotional. I mean I could kiss a guy but thats all. I don't know if this makes me a lesbian or bisexual. Please help? I know that labels aren't really that big of a deal but it helps to know.

2. Minnie

If by "emotionally" you include "romantically", I'd say you're bisexual with a preference for women; but if "emotionally" only covers platonic love for men then you could still be considered bi, but also lesbian. I think it comes down to how strong the emotional connections are to "distinguish" you from bi or gay (then again, not everything's black and white!).

3. Holly

Furthering the above posters points, I think it depends on how much you want to base your sexuality on either romantic or sexual feelings?

Personally, I view my sexuality mostly in terms of my view of relationships with both genders, and therefore I label myself as lesbian. I understand when a guy is good looking, but I could never see myself doing more than just looking because I have no emotional reaction to them.

So, if you want to base your sexuality mostly on romantic (emotional) attraction, I would say you are bi, but if you want to base it on sexual preference I would say you are lesbian. That choice is personal.

If you want to get complicated with labels, you could label yourself as a biromantic homosexual. This suggests that you feel emotional attraction to both, but only sexual attraction to females. This would be more realistic of your sexuality, but hard to explain to people if you choose to come out.

4. CuriousBunny

If you need a label, I'd say Biromantic Homosexual, meaning that you can become romantically attracted to both genders but only sexually attracted to the same gender.