1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v. confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by can, Jul 28, 2013.

1. can

can

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so, i've never really cared what pronouns people use when referring to me (i'm female bodied) and i'm not ever offended or anything but recently there have been some days where i exclusively want to be referred to with 'he/him' pronouns. this doesn't happen all the time, but just on some days and it's just been happening recently so i'm just really confused as to why or what i'd classify myself as in terms of gender.
    i know that many people are like: labels don't matter but it's nice to know that you belong with a certain group than not at all.
    if you guys have similar experiences or anything in that realm than please please do share!
    thanks a ton!
    x

2. Dapper

There's not a lot of info you gave here, but have you ever looked into the term genderfluid? If not, you definitely should :slight_smile: good luck!

3. earthlvr510

I agree with Dapper that genderfluid would be worth looking into for you. Also, the way that I see pronouns/labels and all that stuff is as a convenient way to introduce myself to other people but they dont have much clout in regrades to my personal identity. Yes I identify as FtM and use male pronouns but I dont identify in the binary, yes I identify as pansexual because I believe that sexuality is fluid but female identified people are more my cup of tea. I just found what fit best to tell others but I dont let those label define me. Maybe you could just tell people to use whatever pronouns they want or to take cues from your clothes? I know some people genderqueer/fluid people who do that. Best of luck :slight_smile: