1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if im lesbian or bisexual, but i want to be lesbian.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by amassed, Jul 30, 2013.

1. amassed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 17 years old and im totally not sure if im lesbian or bisexual. I can see myself with both genders, but i am only sexually attracted to males, not emotionally. I am sexually and emotionally attracted to females. I've had crushes on boys in elementary school and middle school, but in fourth grade i realized that i was attracted to females. The idea of me spending my life with a male kind of angers me, i feel that a guy wouldn't be right for me. I have a girlfriend and i can picture my life with her and it makes me really happy, the idea of it. I am extremely attracted to her, more than any guy I've been with. I've never had sex with a male but i "want" it just to know how it feels. This is what confuses me. Why do i want sex with a male? I know it wouldn't mean a thing, nothing close to what sex (and a life, for that matter) would mean with a female. I wish i didnt feel the need to label myself, but sometimes I feel like I'm in denial if i don't label myself.
    Im just looking for some advice.
    Thank you.

2. rusteejay

I'm in a similar position at the moment myself. However I've had sex with a girl and had no boyfriend so it's strange for me. All I can say for you though is that if you're happy in a lesbian relationship then forget those urges. You've clearly got something special so if its not broke don't fix it. I imagine you're just curious really! Have you spoke to your partner about this?

3. amassed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you!!
    you're right. i really shouldn't try to "fix" anything that's not broken. I have spoken to my partner about this and she says she accepts me however i am, but i always feel like it's not fair for her if im bisexual. haha.

4. rusteejay

no probs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well in that case you should talk to her about it. She sounds accepting so it may make you closer. It wouldn't matter if you were bisexual because if you love her then it's irrelevant. You're with her not another girl or a guy. Just approach her about it is all i can say and see where it goes. It could completely sort it out for you!

5. CuriousBunny

Btw, if you're male as your profile says, it wouldn't be considered a lesbian relationship.

6. amassed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol OMG im female.