1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to be Lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LyingEyes, Jul 31, 2013.

1. LyingEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've identified myself as bisexual before, but within the past few months I'm questioning if I may be lesbian. And wanting to be lesbian instead of bisexual. I'm not exactly why, it's just a strong feeling. Last night I was thinking about it, and started looking back on past relationships and crushes and realized that all my strong emotional crushes have been on women. I find some men attractive but I'm not sure if I'd want to have strong relationships with them. I see myself in the future more with a woman than a man.
    Where my sexual attraction lies, I'm still not sure. I feel a bit awkward when men touch me intimately, but I can still find their bodies attractive. But I don't get that bubbly feeling kissing a guy like so many people get. I've never kissed a girl but when I think about it, I get more nervous and excited.

Then, despite wanting to be gay for the past few months, I started feeling afraid, mainly because it would promote a life change, or mainly, change the direction of my life.

Suddenly I'm just really uncomfortable with the label 'bisexual'.

So now I'm wondering if the 'wanting' to be lesbian was me just wanting self approval?
    ...I don't know, I'm really confused. Sorry if my thoughts are jumbled. :confused:

2. mpl

mpl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your situation is much like mine. I also do not like to label myself because it just makes me feel really confused. Being bi does not mean that you are equally attracted to both genders. In my situation it changes all the time.. Just do what feels right for you and date who you want to date. You shouldn`t care too much about your orientation now. Just do what feels right and natural for you. Finding someone attractive does not mean that you want to be with this guy. Answer these questions and maybe it`ll help you just a little: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_you_are_a_lesbian :slight_smile:

#2 mpl, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013