1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother's character

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SinaMakosa, Aug 4, 2013.

1. SinaMakosa

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I was just wondering...

There are some stereotypes about gay people or rather, what makes a person gay. One of these things I've heard is that of having a "dominant" mother. Well, my Mum certainly is quite a strong woman who definitely doesn't take any bullsh*t from anyone. I never really realized this growing up - I thought all Mums were like that - until a cousin of mine who I thought was pretty tough themselves expressed her fear of my Mum growing up... Also, many of my straight male friends would often ignore or actively defy their Mums growing up, knowing there would be no consequences, which is something I would never have dared with my own. :slight_smile:

But does anyone else have a "strong" Mum, who.... ahem, maybe has some more traditionally masculine character traits?

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone by reverting to stereotypes... it just interests me the biology and nature's patterns of why some people are born gay and others not. Maybe because my Mum has some masculine traits even though she is a woman, nature compensates by giving me more feminine traits than the average man through my sexuality... though I think I am a fairly masculine acting guy, I am definitely more artistic and non-aggressive than most guys I know.

2. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother was pretty dominant, and my father was definately not. I don't think it makes any difference to whether you are gay or not, though, since I have a brother who is straight (and stupid and ugly and unpleasant, but that's another issue).