1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused and it is messing with my head

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aimswea, Aug 6, 2013.

1. aimswea

Hi, I'm only 14 but lately I've sort of developed a crush on one of my close friends, even though she is also a girl. I'm confused, she's been in my dreams and everything and whenever she hugs me I get serious butterflies in my stomach. Whenever we are texting, we use phrases like 'I love you' and use pet names for each other, such as baby. It really means a lot to me, but I don't know if she means it the same way. We have kissed eachother on the cheek before, and it feels so amazing.

I'm not really a girly-girl either, but I've become less tomboyish after starting at my secondary school (I'm starting my 4th year this year). But she's the only person I've ever liked like this.
    If it is of any relevance, 1) I have loads of dreams and crushes on male celebrities too, she's definitely the only girl I've ever dreamt of in the same way
    And 2) My school is a girl's school
    :help::help::help:
    Thankyouuu!!!:slight_smile:

#1 aimswea, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. ryanalexander61

Just take a deep breath!! You are very young, and I understand you are confused by this situation and want to know what's going on. However, it takes time. Just enjoy your friends company for now, looking at things any deeper than that isn't really productive. You will know the answer in time, and it isn't an answer any one can give to you.

3. CuriousBunny

First of all, welxome to empty closets! Secondly, I understand why you are in a rush to find an answer. That's the whole reason I joined this forum :3. After a couple of posts, though, I realized that unfortunately, others are right about waiting. It's (sadly) not possible to discover your sexual orientation overnight. Many heterosexuals have rare homosexual tendencies, so this crush may be a one time thing. If you have a crush on another girl, though, then you may be bisexual, paneexual, omnisexual, etc. Hope this helped!

4. aimswea

Thank you for the advice. I kind of understand why waiting is necessary, so that's what I'll do, I'll wait and see what the future brings, even if it is quite scary!