1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused again

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by feelings, Aug 6, 2013.

1. feelings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello. I have been wanting to talk about this, because I really don't feel comfortable bringing this up with any of the people I know. This is so hard for me to talk about. Earlier this year, I had joined a lesbian dating site, and it was going well I was mainly chatting friendly, but I really was having a hard time feeling comfortable talking to women and I felt very insecure. I got kind of close to one woman who completely stopped writing to me, and it did really discourage me very much to the experience.

I met a guy about a month later, on another dating site and we have been talking for the past four months. It seems like we have really hit it off, and I will be meeting him in about a month. This so exciting for me, I really want to meet him and see what happens between us. He treats me wonderfully and is very caring. I am also attracted to him. I told him that I am bisexual, as the subject came up awkwardly and I didn't really get into much of details about my experiences with women. I still fantasize about women a lot and I'm more attracted to women than men. On the other hand, I seem to trust men way more with my feelings and really love the idea of having a boyfriend again, as I have only been in long term relationships with men. Before that I've been single for a few years.

I've given it a lot of thought, and I don't think I could feel comfortable having a relationship with a woman, because I feel like she won't be able to understand me. I guess I just have never met the right woman that I feel I can trust that way, but I do develop intense crushes on women which can make me very awkward. I have always accepted myself as being bisexual, but for some reason I really cannot let go of my intense feelings for women as they have gotten stronger.

Maybe I am just blowing this out of proportion but I don't seem to be able to make up my mind whether I'm bisexual or a lesbian, and am not sure if this really matters as much as it seems to bother me now. I don't want to confuse him either, as he is a warm-hearted person and I care about him already. I want to take it slow and see how it develops between us. I guess I'm just trying to be okay with my ambiguity.

2. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey! Sexuality isn't set in stone, so there is no absolute need to label yourself, unless it means that much to you. To me, you sound like you're bisexual, but with more of an attraction to men, but it's up to you to figure it out, and good luck with that! It's perfectly fine to be attracted to both sexes :slight_smile:

With meeting your online friend, make sure that you let a friend know so that in case something happens, they're there to support you or help you. Also, meet in a public place! :grin: Have fun!