1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about sexual orientation.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous_user_99, Aug 7, 2013.

1. anonymous_user_99

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi! Im really confused about my sexual orientation. For several months now I have had feelings that mabie i like girls. (I had the nerve to post on a online forum for the first time in december) But i know im not 100% gay. And its only some girls. Like i guess i like girls that are butch a little more than girls who arnt, and id have to know you were lesbian or bi. I dont just check out random girls. If someone were to show me a picture of a random girl, i usually say she's really pretty. My parents divorced when I was 10 because my dad came out of the closet as gay, he now has a boyfriend and such. With these feelings about girls, ive always attributed them to me being open minded because of my dad, and put them back in the closet and to stay their.(I could picture myself holding hands with and kissing a girl pretty easily) But they always keep coming back. Im not sure what to think. Lately they have been coming back more and more, I cant push them back into the closet, but I don't know how to deal with them.. What are some ways I can sort out/ come to terms with these feelings? I do know i like guys more than i like girls at this point. Im a freshman at my local coumunity college, and they have a GSA. Would it benefit me to join? I would mostly because of my dad, but also because im questioning. Just recently my best friend steve found a girl who is lesbian on a dating website, told her my situation, and long story short, were now friends on Facebook. I just messaged her tonight, and we taked for about an hr. I have butterflies and I have a stupid grin on my face, and im not wierded out talking to her. What do you think of this? thanks!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe you are excited about the prospect of chatting to a girl that is gay and seeing where that goes. I think you are probably bisexual but you don't have to label it just enjoy your attraction to guys and girls and see what happens.