1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interested in dating

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by L0veIsL0ve, Aug 8, 2013.

1. L0veIsL0ve

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a 30 year old female who, until June, always identified as straight. In those 30 years there had been about three times I found myself attracted to a female, however I had never acted on it. (Once when I was a kid, and twice as an adult.)

In June, my friend who identifies as lesbian, and I took things past friendship. She is one of the two women I have been attracted to as an adult. I've known her for seven years and have had a crush on her the whole time. I had just gotten up the nerve to kiss her way back in the day and then she stated dating someone. They were together for the last five or six years.

Anyway they recently broke up and my friend and I stated talking about all kinds of things and she found out I liked her. I also found out she was attracted to me. After some very awkward alone time together she finally kissed me and things progressed from there.

I've always liked the idea of kissing another woman, and there some some other things I thought I might enjoy doing with a woman, but I never thought I could stimulate a woman orally. To be honest it just grossed me out! Well since mid June my friend and I have spent a lot of time together and have done a lot of sexual things together. Last Friday she stimulated me orally for the first time (which I loved) and I returned the gesture. I felt awkward and unsure of myself but it wasn't "gross" like I thought it would be. Sunday we did it again and that time I felt more confident in what I was doing. Not only that, but I LIKED it, a lot!

She is not in a position to date, as she has her own issues to deal with form her break up. She has told me lots of times that I deserve someone who can give me more. I know I still like men, but the more I am with her, and the more we do and explore together, the more I know I like women. I am still not attracted to most women though. I would like to explore my interest in women more, and try a relationship with one. But for me there are several problems with that.
    1.) I don't know where to meet a good guy, let alone a good women.
    2.) I'm not currently attracted to many women so the chances of me finding a woman I am attracted to, who is also attracted to me, are slim.
    3.) I don't want someone to be my "science project". I don't want to hurt someone if we do start dating and I realize I want men and not women.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or advice? I currently identify as straight-ish. I am leaning towards bi, but I really don't know. Having a sexual orientation identity is not so important to me, as learning if I want a relationship with a woman.

2. LD579

Could you see yourself in a longterm relationship with a woman? Could you see yourself building a life with one, going on dates with one, and things like that? I don't know if there could be another way to find out besides asking and thinking over those questions or trying a full-fledged relationship with a woman...

3. L0veIsL0ve

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always seen myself (and wanted for myself) getting married and having kids. For 30 years that vision has been with a man. Is that what society put on me, or my family? It is because I have mostly only been attracted to men? I'm not sure. That is one thing I am struggling with right now.
    In the end I know what kind of a relationship I want. I know what my long term goals are, and what I expect out of a life long partner. I am working on re-envisioning that life, to it possibly being a woman. It is not that I am against it being a woman, but after 30 years it's hard to just up and change everything you thought you knew about yourself in the blink of an eye.
    I think it is for sure something I can and will come to terms with. I think if I had a woman in mind I could put in that position in my head it would be easier. But I don't just want to change what I've always seen for myself very quickly, without giving it due time to be processed and absorbed. I think that is unfair to myself, my understanding of myself, and my evolution.
    As far as seeing myself going on dates with a woman, and being affectionate to one in public (holding hands, hugging, kissing etc) that doesn't bother me. Although my friend and I haven't been on any "dates" we have gone out to dinner, and we do have some PDAs in public. I enjoy that. I feel very special to be with her. I'm not worried about what other people think.
    For me, at the end of the day, love is just love, and it doesn't matter whom that love is shared with.