1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living a lie

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GettingThere93, Aug 8, 2013.

1. GettingThere93

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a 20 year old girl and I know for a fact I'm attracted to other women. I'm unsure as to whether I'm bi or a lesbian but I guess I'll figure that out in time. At least I hope so anyway! At the moment though what's bugging me is that I feel like I'm living a lie, I'm not out at all to anyone other than one of my friends and I do want to come out but I'm terrified to. Its great that one of my friends know as i have someone to talk to about how i feel and i can be myself around her but its almost as if im living a double life. I just feel so emotionally drained and down about everything. So I guess my question is, how do I deal with the feelings I have and how do I learn to accept the fact that I am different? Any advice would be great as at the minute this is eating me up inside.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At first it's very hard.

But the more people who you tell and accept you, the better you feel! It's a liberating thing! Until then, talking with those who know, journals, this site... anything you can have as a resource can help. Or, if you can, a counselor. :slight_smile: