1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to hate labels. Trying to find my place. "Queer"?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dryad, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, again...
    Well, lately I've been feeling more comfortable about my orientation, but I can't label myself. I think like guys, but also some girls, especially boyish ones, personality matters to me more than gender, I have mainly lesbian fantasies and sex dreams but have only done some things with a boy (but didn't really enjoy it) and seen more romantic dreams with boys. I can't speak for sure due to lack of experience.
    I may be heterosexual, asexual, bisexual, demisexual, heteroromantic, pansexual, lesbian... and the list goes on forever. Maybe I won't get any chance, in the near future, to experiment. Maybe I will continue living as an ever questioning heterosexual (or "heteroflexible" or "bi-curious" or...). Maybe I will actually get with a girl, but even then I don't have a clue what the outcome will be. I may like it, I may not. (I don't like the idea of "experimenting" on another person, either, I'm afraid of hurting someone :tears:slight_smile:
    The thing is, I was always very supportive of LGBT rights and I would like to participate actively in the queer community. I'm also a feminist, I challenge traditional gender roles in my everyday life and I see gender as a non-binary thing. I could not be a "girly girl" ever (not that it would be bad to be feminine, I just feel more comfortable with a more "tomboyish" lifestyle), and friends get mad at me for behaving "like a boy". I could say I feel "queer", if "queer" means "strange", "weird" when it comes to gender and relationship issues but I'm not sure if I belong to the LGBT people. I don't know if I should "join the movement" as "queer" or as a "straight ally" at least for now.
    I don't feel straight and I don't know if I'm queer, because people give different meanings to this word and I'm not sure about my sexual orientation.
    Labeling can be hard. :dry:

#1 Dryad, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  2. Jojo1189

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    You sound bi, but preferring guys. Labelling can be really hard. While you're still not 100% sure, you could just call yourself queer. But as people always say, you don't have to label yourself. Be comfortable with who you are first, try to find a way to experiment, and when you've explored all aspects of it, then try label yourself. Hope that helped. :slight_smile:

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think so too. At least in a romantic way. In a sexual... Guessing fron my fantasies, i'd say girls. Ah...
    Guessing from experience, I'm asexual. Difficult to label yourself, indeed. :frowning2:
    At least I know it's not a "phase" since I feel this way for years.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply.:slight_smile: