1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight with done girl crushes

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by secrets, Aug 10, 2013.

1. secrets

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm currently 18 and I've always considered myself 100% straight, but when i was 16, i had two mild girl crushes, and then when i was 17, i met this girl, I'll just call her Krissy, and we really hit it off.

I thought of her as just a close friend, but i was totally addicted to her (i had a bf at the time though), enough that i rendered a few weird looks from my sister. Also, Krissy's best friend, who eventually became her gf, got jealous of our closeness.

Since i never wanted to do anything sexual with Krissy, i told myself it couldn't have been a crush. However, once she got together with her best friend, i was surprised when i felt so flushed, and a little hurt, though i was happy for them.

I found it too awkward to keep being so close to Krissy after her gf, especially since her gf had gotten so jealous before, so me and Krissy drifted, and my "crush" subsided naturally.

None of my three girl crushes have been sexual, nor have i ever been so into them to the point where I'd daydream about them or think about them all the time.

Basically, I'm straight but with non-sexual, extremely rare girl crushes that aren't that intense. I don't think I'm bi-curious, and the thought of sex with Krissy isnt my cup of tea, despite the fact that I'm extremely sexual when it comes to boys (though kissing/cuddling with Krissy wouldn't be so bad).

Is there a name for this type of orientation, if it even is one?

2. Kamina

Biromantic is the best term I can think of :slight_smile:

You would be biromantic hetrosexual, and no worries I feel the same way towards guys!

3. secrets

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you so much! I never would've found that out on my own. I google searched it and it is pretty much exactly me!!

4. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Not to sound Sexist too much, but it has been pre-ported that humans are capable of being flexible; 70% of Straight Women have admitted in a nationwide statistic; to having crushes on their same sex friends before in the past. To further avoid this; I will state that there is evidence that men are capable of such a thing as well, another user on this site had admitted to having a same sex crush currently.

It overall proves that labels are either;

A. Not necessary as straight labels are not a 100% accurate determination

or

B. Not meant to be bounded by rules such as falling in love with the same sex is a no-no.

Either way, I think Biromantic seems a LITTLE bit grounded as you mentioned it is rare you have these crushes.

5. secrets

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow, 70% of straight women have admitted to having girl crushes? 0_0 does that mean I'm not biromantic heterosexual? What did you mean in your last sentence?

6. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    What I meant is, how often does your emotional attractions happen? If they constantly happen TO THIS DAY STILL, then you could be Biromantic Heterosexual; however, if they only happened say; once or twice in your life (I'd honestly say the maximum is 4 as that is what the statistic says, remember Men have it to; they either don't own up to it or cannot accept it) then your obviously not exactly 100% hetero as you originally thought. Heteroflexible basically. Most people if you really get to know them and aren't afraid to admit to things that might be embarrassing, I can almost guarantee 90% of the Hetero's and Homosexuals out there will actually fit more into the Hetero/Homoflexible label.

7. secrets

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, i see. Yeah, my girl crushes have only happened three times in my entire life. I suppose i am heteroflexible then. Wow, all these new terms have me flip-flopping all over the place.

8. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I know how you feel, when I first joined, I went to Questioning, to Hetero-Romantic Asexual, to Questioning again, to Asexual, and now have come to the overall conclusion that I am probably just curious. Stuff happens like that. Again, the statistics only say things like that, typically they have 4, but some have more and others less. I just consider 4 the typical maximum because that is the majority.

9. volvo6x

what were your feeling for these girls?
    I think... the term "straight girl crush" means that you look up to the girl or want to be them to a certain degree, but that doesn't sound like what you experienced.

10. whattagirl

Hey! I'm also having some issues with labeling my sexuality so i can sympathize with how confusing it is. and I think biromantic/heterosexual sounds about right. Honestly I think for you it's more about the person. If there's a girl you really like gender doesn't matter. That's kinda how I am just opposite and I identify as gay.

So... Basically just because you like a girl is doesn't make you gay or bi.

#10 whattagirl, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013