1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can lesbians enjoy kissing men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Owls, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Owls

Owls Guest

I hope this doesn't seem like a rude question. This has just been running around my mind tonight and I can't find many answers to it googling.

I don't have a ton of experience kissing people in general, but I have kissed one guy before (on several occasions, actually) and I enjoyed it a lot. Despite that, I'm still kinda wondering if I'm actually a lesbian/more attracted to women. So, to the people out there who identify as lesbian, do you or have you ever enjoyed kissing a man or men?

(Clarification on what I mean by kissing: making out with and some amount of above-the-waist fondling.)

2. Abbra

The best I've ever been is neutral. I enjoyed the attention I got and the fact that it was physical touch, but I didn't find the act itself very appealing.

3. srslywtf

Still stimulating the same nerves, and all genders are basically the same besides a few regions.

If a girl touches my junk its probly still gonna get hard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Guess the label in this case, is based on what youre thinking/feeling in your mind rather than the physical actions.

4. LD579

As a parallel question: Can gay guys enjoy kissing women? The answer likely depends on the individual person as well as the other person in question. I'd say yes, for either case, they can, but not everyone can enjoy making out with someone they're not attracted to.

5. Owls

Owls Guest

The thing with me is that any kind of physical intimacy is so new to me that I'm caught up in the newness. My mind mostly just goes blank and I'm nervous about touching him more than anything. I'm dopey happy afterwards and after a while I start to really miss him and want to kiss him again, but sometimes I feel like I could never feel that way about another man. I don't know, I might be over-thinking that part.

---------- Post added 11th Aug 2013 at 11:11 PM ----------

I understand that. I guess I just wanted a few personal accounts. It's one thing to talk in the general, it's another to hear about someone's actual experiences. I know that what's most common might not apply to my case, but I still want to get a feel for how people "usually" feel in that sort of situation.

6. JustAnotherSoul

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a long term boyfriend before I came out to myself, and I very much enjoyed our physical relationship. I had a great time with him, and our kissing (and more) was quite nice. However, I realized that something was always missing. I never felt that all consuming fire that they talk about in books. I also realized that looking at him did nothing for me. (Hint: if you find your boyfriend's sister more attractive than your boyfriend, you might be a lesbian! (*cough, me*))

Also remember that sexuality can change. If you feel like a lesbian, and feel like you're only attracted to girls right now, then it's absolutely fine for you to identify that way.

---------- Post added 11th Aug 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

I think what you're talking about was the way I felt. I had seriously started considering that this might be it. That my bf might be the one. I simply couldn't picture myself with any other man (although I knew, in the back of my mind, that something was missing).

7. Owls

Owls Guest

@JustAnotherSoul

I don't know if I'd say it's exactly the same for me. I certainly felt/feel some feelings for this guy. Like, things I have not felt before that make me feel all "I suddenly understand ever cliched love song oh shit" kinda feelings. I don't know if that makes any sense, but yeah.

8. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

^^^This. Probably the best answer and a good one that will hopefully clear up some confusions over what sexual orientation really means.

9. I'm questioning myself right now but honestly making out with a woman has probably been the best part and making out with a woman always feels right.

Yea I have also gotten extremely aroused with my junk while not even fooling around with women I had absolutely no attraction to.

So in short yes!

10. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am a lesbian, and have kissed many guys when I was experimenting with my sexuality and figuring it out, and after I knew I was gay, too. I have a rather high need for physical, sexual action in my life, so maybe I'm not the best one to answer this, but I'll weigh in anyway. Kissing guys and girls of any gender and sexual orientation is nice. It's fun, it's satisfying, kissing is awesome. I truly enjoy it with girls only, though. And going any father than kissing with a guy is uncomfortable to think about and I wouldn't do it now that I've figured out my sexuality. When I am in a setting where people are kissing strangers, parties, spin the bottle, etc, I will settle for a guy if I can't get a girl and really don't want to be alone that night, but kissing to me is an activity that is enjoyable anyway, regardless of details. I wouldn't date a guy or kiss him because of any emotion.

I don't think my attitude on kissing guys reflects on my sexual orientation at all, I know that I am a lesbian and guys are out of the question unless I'm just messing around, nothing serious, can't get a girl and am in the mood to make out with someone.

11. rose94

Well, before I came to terms with the fact I'm gay, I kissed guys and was in a 3 year long relationship with a guy. So yeah, I liked kissing him, I liked feeling loved and the closeness. But it was sort of hollow. Not that 'oh my lord they are so amazing I'm going to pass out because this is amazing' feeling.

12. Pat

Pat

The mere thought of a woman sticking her tongue in my mouth almost made me throw up. lol. So with that in consideration, I'd say no. If you closed your eyes, you'd have the ability to think up someone you'd rather kiss, but I kiss with my eyes open.. so it won't work for me lol. I can imagine that men are more forceful kissers though. So they're probably better at kissing I'm sure.

13. Holly

Personally, kissing can be seen as a reasonably sexual act, so the idea of anyone being turned on by it seems reasonable, regardless of sexual orientation. To me though, I can't see myself really enjoying kissin a guy. Why? He's just too masculine for me :L

14. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm married to a wonderful man but have realized just over the past year that I am lesbian when I thought I was bisexual. Personally, although I love my husband I do not enjoy kissing him because the sexual attraction just isn't there.

15. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a boyfriend for several years before my current girlfriend. I always desperately wanted to kiss him, but once we actually kissed, there were no "fireworks" , it was pretty much just neutral

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, it's all about the face. Do I want to sample that face? The only things that differ, for me, are the level of force and the surrounding texture of the skin on the face, which you'll also most likely be touching during the process.

So, it depends on the person and what they're looking for in the experience.

17. Vanille

From personal experience, I can say that I don't really enjoy kissing men. I start thinking about other things I'd rather be doing