1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by poison53sumac, Aug 14, 2013.

1. poison53sumac

Ok, so, I'm posting mainly because this is something that's been nagging at me for quite a while; the sexuality etc. question. I guess when I was little I always figured I'd end up married with a husband and kids and whatnot and the whole happy deal, but lately not so sure. that I want to get married or anything.

My family is mostly pretty open-minded progressive etc., pro-gay rights, except my mom doesn't believe in bisexuality. my dad is not the type to broach the topic ever. Never talked much with them about it, certainly never about myself. I've talked this over vaguely with all of one friend, and all i've managed to clarify is that I'm either bisexual or asexual or something else, maybe Eternally Questioning. I'm not especially strongly attracted to anyone and not much warming up to the idea of sex; find that slightly intimidating. mostly with guys. not explicitly looking for it, at all, but i'd rather sleep with a girl, I think. ?? I love lesbian romance novels and such, but don't know if I can see myself in these roles. I take "what sexuality are you" quizzes which give me creepy questions that I want to answer with N/A...and then tell me nothing at all--"you're bi! you're lesbian! you're straight! you're nothing!" i've gotten all possible answers.

I can't see my future very well at all, as in to say whether it would involve long-term relationships, etc. with males or females. I feel like I could more see having a family with a guy, or is that subliminal societal ideals speaking? I can see having good relationships with girls, but don't know if they'd last, as in decades. more like open relationships, when i need them they're there. friendship based? although same could go for guys. I don't want to, you know, settle down with a guy and still wish i was with a girl. vice versa, for that matter.

Basically what I want to know is, (first of all, if anyone can understand what I'm saying) where I might fit, on some kind of sexuality continuum? Like am i an "open to anything type"? also, I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend and wouldn't really know where to start. how can i figure all/any of this out?

You see what I mean by confused?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK lets break this down a bit.

1. Your mum is wrong, bisexuality DOES exist, just ask all the bisexuals!
    2. Sex, like all things, seems intimidating if you have no idea where to begin with it (that's something that really bothers me too!)
    3. Given that you mention the 'creepy questions' I'm thinking those quizzes aren't too scientific. IGNORE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.
    4. Half the fun of the future is that only the most miserable people make a plan early and keep to it religiously. Don't worry if you can't see what you'll be doing years from now. Maybe you'll have a family, maybe not...

Now on to the problem. From looking around this forum I kept seeing the word Kinsey popping up, after looking into it I discovered it meant this thing: The Kinsey Institute - Kinsey Sexuality Rating Scale you'll be somewhere on there...unless you're asexual.