1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or Lesbian??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Papillon123, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Papillon123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so I'm an 18 year old girl and I'm so confused as to whether I'm bi or lesbian.

I've made out with both boys and girls but never gone further than that. But in my mind, I pretty much just wanna be girls. I love kissing them and can see myself in a relationship with one, more so than with a guy.

But I was talking to my friend and she said that I'm probably not a lesbian because I've never been slept with a guy. She's bi and said that the idea of sex with a guy grossed her out until she actually did it and she reckons that's what I'm feeling. But my thoughts are that, I'm not even that keen on kissing guys, so why would I all of a sudden want to have sex with them??

idk I just need someone's input on the situation. Do I need to sleep with a guy to know?

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    No, you do not need to sleep with anyone to know you don't wanna sleep with them. If you'll ever want to sleep with a guy, you'll know it (attraction, chemistry etc.). You're friend is just acting like one of those inconsiderate people who think everyone is bi.

#2 Adi, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  3. CuriousBunny

I agree with Adi 100%. You shouldn't have to have sex to know your sexuality.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What your friend said is stupid i'm bisexual and I had never had sex with males or females
    and i know i'm bi . You don't have to have sex to know , I'm pretty sure straight people don't have to have sex to know their straight same goes for the rest of us

5. ItalianBlueEyes

Sexuality is fluid, so how you identify isn't dependent on you're sexual history. If you like girls, you like girls... no one else can tell you how you feel. You can also be a lesbian, and still have the incidental opposite-sex attraction. There are three types of attraction: phsyical, emotional, and sexual. If you have all three towards women, then there's no need to prove it--to yourself, or anyone else--by having sex with a dude.

:confused: I struggled with a similar dilema... and yea, I slept with a boy. Twice, to make sure. It comfirmed my sexuality all right, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. All it gives you is an answer to the question "How do you know you're a lesbian if you've never slept with a guy?"

6. Hexagon

You don't need to sleep with a gender to know you're not attracted to them. Just because it was true for your friend, doesn't mean it is for everyone else. Since you like girls, I reckon you're probably gay. But, as with your friend, don't let anyone else, including me, tell you what your sexuality is. Thats for you to find out.

7. poison53sumac

Don't sleep with anyone if you yourself don't really want to. it may not necessarily confirm or deny anything, and anyway, I don't think sleeping with a guy that you don't even like romantically would help. So don't go the have-sex-with-first-boy-available-as-confirmation route.
    Maybe you're on the lesbian-tilted axis of bi? As in to say, you are more attracted to girls, but not to say that you'd never find a boy you like. Just be with whoever you want, no labels required.