1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I always thought I was bi, but now I'm not so sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kettle to Moon, Aug 16, 2013.

1. I'm twenty-two years old and first became aware of my attraction to women around the time I hit puberty. I didn't fully accept it, however, for another few years. I've always considered myself bisexual-- until extremely recently, I only dated men and found that, although it was difficult, I could orgasm with them.

However, I'm started to question just how bi I am, and am wondering if I might be a lesbian. I've begun to date women, and had my first kiss with one last night. It was nothing like kissing a guy. I can't stop thinking about it. The female body turns me on MUCH more than the male body. I've also had a problem when sexually intimate with men-- I clench up involuntarily. I'm not necessarily repulsed by the idea of being with them, it's just... not quite as arousing as the idea of being with a woman.

All my fantasies are about women these days. I feel like I can feel sexual attraction towards a man, but when it comes time to actually having sex, the feelings become muted. But if I have that sexual attraction to begin with (along with having orgasmed in the past), how can I be gay? But at the same time, if I clamp up when it comes time to have sex, how can I be bi?

I'm sorry. This is a bit of a rambling mess. I hope it makes sense to someone!

2. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need to be attracted equally to both sexes to be bi. And, similarly, "gay" doesn't necessarily mean you have no attraction to the opposite sex at all.

So saying where "bi" ends and "gay" begins is a bit trickier question than it might seem.

Although what you say right now sounds more "gay" than "bi" (to me, anyway) I don't think you should fret over it too much and just give yourself some time to sort things out. And of course, date whoever you're attracted to the most.

3. Thanks for your reply. I've been thinking it over, and I'm really starting to think I'm gay as well. Everything kind of makes sense that way. I think I might have a slight romantic attraction towards men, but not really a sexual one.

4. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Uhmm i'm gay but when i'm too sexually aroused i might wanna have sex with a girl, kind of a similar situation with yours..

5. poison53sumac

Maybe you're attracted to both girls and boys theoretically, but in practice you'd like girls better? I would say something like heteroromantic (?) as in, you might feel emotionally or romantically towards a boy--at least somewhat--but not sexually. and accordingly you could then be more sexually attracted to girls.
    Sounds a bit like my situation, actually, except that I've never had sex. but sex with guys seems much more intimidating/less appealing.
    complicatedly bisexual.
    no need to assign a label though, just keep experimenting and maybe you'll end up on the lesbian-tilted side of bi