1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer-identified woman crushing on a man - WTF... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dieselfemme, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dieselfemme

Hi all,
    I've been reading for hours this evening and I'm still not finding any satisfaction in others' experiences. I'm a terribly confused gal today.

First, some background, I split from a long term hetero relationship a year ago after coming to the conclusion that I could not longer ignore my growing desire to be with a woman. I have had limited sexual experience with women previous to entering this last relationship. I spent years beating myself up over the feeling that there was something wrong with me... "he was such a great guy, why couldn't I just be happy" sort of thing. Sex life was damn near nonexistent for the last few years before the breakup, and I had even gone so far as to have bloodwork done to confirm that my hormone levels were all ok, trying to justify my absent libido. I spent some time talking to the awesome ladies of the AskJoanne community, as well as working with several counselors, one-on-one. I know that I am attracted to women, and want to be with women. There are some great LGBT social events to attend in Toronto, and I have been getting out and making friends. I have met (and danced with) women I have been attracted to, but haven't found anyone to truly lust after or date. Then I meet my (platonic) roommate's brother.

I met him for the first time last year before Christmas, and I definitely felt a spark there. I was thrown at the time, but found out that he was in a relationship with a stunningly beautiful woman shortly thereafter, at which point, the point was pretty well moot anyway. I spent some time around both him & his gf after that, and they struck me as a great couple, and I tried to put the stirring in me to rest. What's the point in fostering something that can't go anyplace and confuses the heck out of me?

Fast forward to now, I spent some time with my roommate's family last night for her brother's birthday, after not having seen them in months. I couldn't look at him without being paranoid that They're All Going To Know, just eye contact with him was enough to make me quiver a little on the inside, and I kept getting flashes of imagination of touching him, kissing him, crawling across the couch into his lap... and I mean VIVID.

My own stuff aside, he's apparently a serial monogamist with commitment and abandonment issues, and he still has a gf. I'd be concerned about harming the functioning of my relationship with my roommate, as well. Probably nothing I want to risk getting into for a myriad of reasons.... So why can't I get this guy out of my head? After I left his place yesterday, I had some serious flutters and electric-like jumping in feel-good places.

I don't want this! I know that sexual fluidity rarely leaves this stuff cut-and-dry. I've come out to lots of people... including my ex, who didn't take any of our split well. I know I can't control who I fall for, this is totally beyond me, but I've been SO certain of the direction where my future lies in the last while. I'm shaken by the intensity of what I find myself wanting around this guy. I'm confused as to where this leaves me.

Any others have experience to share in a situation where you've been surprised by an unexpected/unlikely attraction? Please?