1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ranting/commenting...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LEG7930, Aug 19, 2013.

1. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So yesterday I went to my university's bookstore to return a textbook, and I don't know why but everybody referred to me as "him" and "he". I wasn't dressed any differently than usual, still have long hair. After a while the guy realized and corrected himself. But as people were calling me him and he I didn't want to correct them. Just wanted to share this.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I know how that feels. It's pretty fucking amazing, isn't it, having the right pronouns used? I'd never had anyone use male pronouns for me until I began coming out and believe me, not going back. :grin:

I actually had something similiar happen when I was beginning to question myself. Enrolled in an online English class and submitted an essay for an assignment.

One of my critique partners read my essay and from my writing style alone deduced I was a man. Never mind my legal name at the top- used male pronouns when writing about my work. Now, all possible he simply mixed up the pronouns/wasn't a native English speaker but this happened throughout the course. He was my favorite critique partner from that moment on. :grin: