1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make my sexuality more obvious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by haterade, Aug 20, 2013.

1. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am fairly feminine, and most girls wouldn't pinpoint me as interested in other females. It's not that I'm hiding it, I guess I just give off a "straight vibe". Is there any way to make it more obvious or put myself out there? It's frustrating to think that I am missing potential connections with nice girls because everyone thinks that I am only interested in guys. This is starting to seem like a pointless question because appearance really has nothing to do with sexuality. I just wish there was a special secret pin that gay girls could wear so we can identify eachother :rolle: Does anyone else have the same problem?

2. whattagirl

Well, I'm in the same boat regarding the fact that most people wouldn't think I'm gay, but I'm not out yet, so I don't have that problem (though I imagine I will). I would say if you find a girl, drop some hints and maybe flirt a little. I wouldn't go all butch and start wearing only crocs and plaid shirts haha. And you never know, maybe you give out a gayer vibe than you think :wink:

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Off topic: I like crocs and plaid shirts. :lol:
    On topic: Still, everybody assumes I'm straight, because where I live everybody is *de facto* considered to be straight, and everything else is unacceptable/unbelievable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I've heard that wearing something rainbow helps. :slight_smile:

4. suppa groovy

I feel you; I have the same problem. I just look straight, even though I wear ties and button downs half the time.

Pro tip: wear something rainbow all the time! Also, try to mention an attraction to girls when possible. Do you have a female celebrity crush? Mention it! Just try to sneak it in without directly screaming, "I AM BISEXUAL HEAR ME ROAR." (though if that's your preferred method go for it)

5. srslywtf

How do you act around men? Do you approach them as meeting new friends? or do you eye them all off first as potential attractions?

I think this is what sets it apart for me... when I acted straight, I'm just 'one of the boys'.. When I'm being myself, I'm doing as much as I can to 'flirt' but just enough to not get busted.. and then sometimes i dont care :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
  7. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha I love it. But thanks everyone. I do flirt a bit with girls but I am always worried about it backfiring and her being a homophobe or being creeped out. I can read guys like a book, but with girls it's a little harder. Which also makes it more interesting. But I will definitely try that rainbow idea. Thanks :3

8. srslywtf

sorry , by men I meant women.. I was thinking from my perspective

9. biggayguy

I have this problem except I'm too masculine. I have to wear a rainbow button, paint my nails or change my voice to get a gay guy's attention.

10. QueerQueen

Same exact problem, my mother even said I don't look like I would be interested in females, because of my long hair and clothes. Although I don't wear make-up and rarely put my hair up.. It's much easier when your out, I am to almost everybody in this town and so I've met a lot of girls who are also interested in girls. I'm thinking of buying a rainbow bracelet still though.

11. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A lot of people in my school know, just by word of mouth, and I am out to everyone (maybe minus family) who asks. So it's not like I'm in the closet, but random girls who come into my work, or strangers on the street, still wouldn't know. So you must have that problem too. Because no matter how "out" you are, random strangers don't know that.

12. QueerQueen

True, but there isn't much you can do in that situation unless you introduce yourself and get to know them, or are rocking some rainbow gear. I guess I just don't usually approach random strangers unless I am in a place where I know there will be other people who have the same interest as I do.. like pride.