1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay, but admire female body?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MarkW1, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MarkW1

Hey y'all,

I have loved the male body for as long as I can remember and am super happy feeling this way, it's part of what I am. This is where I have felt a bit more uncertain about things, I am a huge sufferer of OCD, covering many aspects of my life and possibly my sexuality as well.

I started getting thoughts about women, didn't feel comfortable with them since I wanted to only like men (I know, weird right?). When I check my feelings for both genders, they don't feel the same. It's stronger for men.

I don't know if it's just admiration the female body.

Here's an article which explains this aspect of OCD if you don't understand what I'm talking about: HOCD: Homosexual OCD & Sexual Orientation OCD

2. Ohhai

I'm the same. I'm a gay woman, but can appreciate an attractive male. Not the same as bi, as I'm definitely 100% gay. Hope I've got what you're saying right!

3. MarkW1

I hope I'm the same as you, don't want to be bi. Men are what I like.

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    From an aesthetic POV, it's not unlikely to find the bodies of both men and women beautiful, especially if you have a higher aesthetic sensibility than most. However, if these "thoughts" you have about women are sexual in nature, I'd say it goes beyond a mere aesthetic interest.

Buy Mike, why do you keep doing this to yourself? You've made so many threads on this subject, but none of them will ever give you the answers you seek, and those answers won't help satisfy your OCD anyway, because this is not how OCD works. You've said in another thread you're seeing a therapist. Trust that she can help you.

5. MarkW1

Different things keep popping up. It's annoying. I want it to stop.

What do you mean by this?

6. Holly

I'm completely the same. I can understand male attractiveness, and occasionally one will catch my eye. Why? Because I think we're all brought up to appreciate attractiveness. Ultimately, I know I will only ever get with a woman, and I love females because of exactly who they are. But occasionally, yes, I do find a male attractive (although I'm pretty sure my attractiveness levels depend on waistcoats and the ability to recite Shakespeare) :wink:

7. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    The answers to the questions "what is my sexual orientation?", "why am I thinking about women?", "do I just admire the female body?" etc. are not going to satisfy your OCD. They'd give you momentary comfort, but then you'd start obsessing about them all over again. You have to learn how to deal with these thoughts so as to no longer feel anxiety about them, and to no longer resort to the compulsions OCD demands (e.g. constant checking to see if you're aroused). That's pretty much what's said in most of the OCD related articles you link in all your threads.

8. MarkW1

Thanks Adi! I appreciate your explanations. :slight_smile: This is very helpful for me.

Thanks everyone else as well for helping.

9. Holly

Good luck to do. Never feel bad for admiring the female body, even if it doesn't conform to your label. You don't have to conform to it. Yes, they are useful, but it doesn't have to be a box.