1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual arousal? Problematic

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by neutron, Aug 24, 2013.

1. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm quite confused nowadays. There is this guy at my work that I completely dislike, forever since we met, yet I find myself being distracted/annoyed by his presence, and at some point, I'm afraid I even felt tingling down there. What confusing is I don't like him at all; as in a working environment I try to keep things peaceful and friendly, yet I just wish he is gone.
    <A bit of history here, I never like my dad and this guy reminded me of him, all his mannerisms, tick, habits, attitude are similar to my dad>

I thought I have a very strong gay tendency, I've fallen for, pursuit and felt emotionally connected to some women. There is this girl I recently met that I could sense so much sexual and emotional connection btw us.
    I'm saying this to compare with the sensation I had for the said guy. Of course, I totally don't want to be physically close to him in any way. I look at every body as if I check them out <I don't know why I do this - perv?> but the more I look at this guy, the more I gross out. It's just that type of person that I felt gross out, I don't normally have such strong aversion to any type.

I don't know how to deal with this ongoing confusion and appreciate any help from anybody! Thanks!

#1 neutron, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. enigmeow

You say "gay tendencies" but then you go on to attempt to say you are not gay by talking about your pursuits of woman...

I know that I was repulsed by all the guys I was attracted to initially. It was a self defense mechanism since I refused to admit I was attracted to guys..

just a thought

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I have similar experiences on a regular basis. It's not rare at all for me to see men that provoke a tingly feeling down there. Yet I never have any desire to interact with them and often even feel an active desire to avoid them.

I can't find it now, but I remember reading a blog post that said that genital response is not necessarily a good indicator of arousal, let alone attraction, especially for women. This means that bodily response isn't the same thing as attraction.

The OP is female.