1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a girlfriend but also have a gay crush

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TsurugiPrincess, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post outside of the welcome area. I will get to the story in a moment, but first I need to tell you a few things about myself.

I am a male, but I'm in the beginning stages of transitioning into a trans woman. No hormone therapy yet, but hopefully that will be soon. The things I'm doing now involve cross dressing and stuff. I originally wanted to be a woman but then decided to keep my man parts down south, so yeah.

Okay so... I'm 22 and I've been straight my entire life. It was few short years ago I started having desires to be what I just explained, and only recently have I embraced those desires. During it all, I've still been "straight" to my original female opposite, thinking maybe I could be like a lesbian or something. However, I've also recently developed a crush on a male friend who I'm sure is straight. He's never had a girlfriend and isn't very talkative about the topic of romance, so it's possible he could be a closet gay or bi, but my gut says he's straight. It's important to know that I myself have a girlfriend right now, who I want to be with, and who is also open minded and okay with my trans woman aspirations... but I'm not sure what to do about my crush.

I've known this guy for almost 10 years, even though we've only been "friends" for about 6 or so. We've gotten closer as friends in the past couple years, mostly due to playing video games a lot together. We play a lot cooperative games, where we work together in a story or something, and if I get to, I play as or create a female character. He doesn't have a problem with this, as he is aware of my aspirations too, but I think this is where the crush began. The video games helped create a reality where we were... together, and I do have fondness for him as he is a very nice and open minded individual, and would do anything for me as well as I would for him.

I've read similar posts about situations like this on here before I joined, but I thought maybe my situation was slightly unique in the fact that I'm going to be a trans woman one day, and somewhat already consider myself to be one. The point of this post is to ask advice on 2 questions. One, is it possible that I can turn gay after all these years of being straight? Or is it just bi curiosity? Or something else? And Two, I have made up my mind and I WILL tell my friend about my feelings, but how and when is the question?

My hope is that, if he is straight, that he could accept me as a woman, and still consider himself straight if we were together. I don't intend on cheating on my girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind one of those open relationships if my friend did accept me and we dated. I know I like him more than just a friend, because sometimes I just look in his eyes and get the deepest desire to cuddle up with him, and kiss him soft and slowly. I've always wanted to be held, felt protected, and I don't feel like my girlfriend can provide that. I've also had fantasy dreams about him, waking up wondering why and what it means.

I'm sorry this was a very, very long post, but it was a detailed story and I just wanted to try and cover all the bases and not leave any holes in it. Thank you to any and all who reply and offer their 2 cents... it is very appreciated!!!