1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of the /idea/ of having a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Minnie, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Minnie

So this year I've come to realise I'm a lesbian or /possibly/ bisexual, however, sometimes when I think of having another boyfriend (I've only had one) - just the idea of it - I freak. I don't fully understand though - could it be down to thinking I'd be forcing myself to be with a person I'm not attracted to? Maybe it would make me feel like I'd want to be a man? Am I stubborn and don't want to think that because I'm a woman, I should like/be with men, or am uncomfortable/not used to liking women, or I feel like I'd be getting unwanted sexual attention from men - if it's the last one, why can't I just ignore that idea? I get the feeling it's an adjustment issue, since I've always thought I was straight and there's still a little bit of a heteroromantic in me, yet upon re-evaluation it feels more like I like men being romantic, but not to me, as if I were to be a man, but that wouldn't be the true me... argh, have my old beliefs in thinking I was interested in men just confused me to high heavens?