1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regret Something That Happened

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gty01, Aug 28, 2013.

1. gty01

Hi,

I feel in a very bad place at the moment about something that happened to me. I recently had a 4 year relationship with a woman end, and I have been in a very bad place emotionally. I have never felt in such a bad way before.

I basically I have been very low and last week an older man made it clear he wanted me. I didn't really want to, but for some reason I felt so low and accepted. I ended up kissing him for a minute, but I did not enjoy it at all, and stopped it very quickly. I do not know why I did it and I am finding it very hard to come to terms with. I didn't feel aroused or enjoy the experience one bit. Now I feel so bad inside, I am finding it hard to face people I know and be normal. I can't stop thinking about what happened and wish it hadn't. I really regret it. I do not know what to do to feel normal again. If anyone could offer some advice i'd appreciate it very much.

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You need time and something to distract you. A breakup like that is really hard. One of my friends was broken up with after 4 years with his girlfriend and one crazy thing he did was he withdrew all the money from his bank and got in his car and planned on driving away and never look back or have any connection to his old life. Luckily he changed his mind after about a half hour of driving.
    Don't blame yourself for kissing that guy. Breakups like that make you do crazy things.
    Yes, it'll take a lot of time and you'll probably feel like crap for quite a while, but it'll eventually pass and you'll be back to your old self. The best thing to do is to find something to distract you so you don't have so much time to think about it. Maybe a hobby or a job or school.
    Best of luck, it will get better :slight_smile:

3. gty01

Thanks for the advice! I hope thinks will get better, it has really hit me very hard! I have also been worrying that I could have caught something through kissing him, even though I know it is an ignorant and stupid thing to think.