1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i a lesbian or just scared of men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by blue123, Aug 28, 2013.

1. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello :icon_bigg

My question is am i a lesbian or am i just scared of men? i have grown up with a lot of nasty and selfish men. My dad never really wanted to know me my sisters or brother, he would really upset us when we were all little and would have our coats and shoes on ready to go and he would never turn up. My mums ex boyfriend was very aggressive and scary at times. my sisters boyfriends treat them like crap. My brother is a complete ass****, hes always hated me and he has gotten so bad that he puts knifes to my neck!!

so yeah not a good childhood around men, but don't get me wrong i don't hate men, most of my best friends are boys and they are totally awesome people. i guess i have just been around too many not nice people who happen to be male,

so i was wondering is this why i don't want a boyfriend or am i just in denial that i am a lesbian? I always fantasize about women and i find myself attracted to them and i would love to have a girlfriend. but what if my minds just trying to be attracted to women because im scared of men :confused: :confused:

2. You wouldn't be attracted to women just because you've had issues with men. That's not really how attraction works, it is what it is despite any other feelings or misgivings about people of a particular gender.