1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jessica79, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jessica79

Hi there ok so I'm a 17 year old guy wondering.

I have had a few girlfriends years ago until about 3 or 4 years ago when I started getting strange thoughts not gonna say as you guys might be like wtf but anyways ever since my last girlfriends I haven't been with another girl and I am still a bit attracted to girls but not as much as guys I have done things at the thought of sex with a guy and when I was in school I always looked at other guys when in changing rooms and stuff but I always quickly looked away incase someone seen so would you guys say I am bi leaning towards guys or gay? Girls can be pretty but I just don't get the same feeling

Also should I wait to come out as where I'm from people bully you for anything and my dad is very homophobic and if he found out I like guys he would disown me and throw me out should I wait till I have moved out?

A reply would be amazing ty <3

2. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to say. How strong is your attraction towards guys compared to girls? Ultimately it's you who has to decide what label you feel best describes what you feel, but what I usually tell people is if you're attraction towards one sex isn't strong enough to impact your life in any way while you're attraction towards the other sex is then you might as well identify as gay/straight, depending on your gender. That being said, however, even though that works for me, it might not work for others, so again, it's really up to you to decide what label fits you best.

And for your question about coming out, I'm sorry to say, but yes, I think you're going to have to wait. Safety should be your top priority, and if you know your parents are going to kick you out even though you're still dependent on them, coming out can have a detrimental impact on your life. I hate telling people to wait because I know how stressful and exhausting being in the closet is, but if you just hang in there you'll be able to come out without fear of being disowned.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

3. Jessica79

Thank you very much for the reply ^-^

Is someone else able to give me a bit of help so I can see who I truly am :3

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    No one call tell you what you are, not based on what you said. You're only 17 though. You don't have to put a label on it yet. Just go after whomever tickles your fancy (boy or girl), and don't rush into anything serious. You have time for that in your 40s. :wink:

5. Jessica79

ty ^-^ I do prefer guys over girls girls are too much work in my opinion xD constantly nagging and stuff.

#5 Jessica79, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  6. flatlander48

To me, at your age gay or bi really doesn't make a lot of difference. At this stage, I think all you can say is that you don't seem to have a strong attraction to females. Beyond that, give it time...

7. Jessica79

Yea I'm going to wait a few years before I tell people I want to be an adult before I come out because adults are far more understanding like the youth today makes me sick they bully for anything Sexuality, The way you look, weight ect

Ty for the response <3