1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it easier to get a girl, than a guy :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by R Dragon, Aug 30, 2013.

1. R Dragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 17 y/o student in London. I've started questioning my sexual orientation around 15/16. So since I was curious I've always wanted to experience a bit further :3

I've had many successful past relationships with women, but for some reason, it seems much harder for me to get a bf than a gf, why's that?! Is it because of my macho appearance (yup, I'm that ''bro'' type of a guy) or something?

I never actually viewed myself as being ugly, but I understand I'm not the most handsomest person out there, does that mean girls are simply easier to get than guys? someone pls enlighten me...

p.s. this is my first post xD so hi

2. Fiddledeedee

Hallo there!

Well, I expect that at least some of it is that there are many more girls interested in men than guys interested in men. This means that it's harder to get a same-sex partner than an opposite-sex one because statistically there are fewer potential ones available. It's not necessarily a reflection on what you're like.

3. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome, most handsomest:slight_smile:

Have you really TRIED to find a boyfriend? In the social networks/internet apps/etc, in gaybars, flirt a guy you like... or are you just sitting there with your "bro" attitude waiting for guys to start hitting on you?
    Some girls DO make the first move, but in the straight world a gay guy won't come hit on you when they're not really sure that you are gay too, maybe because that would blow up their "cover" or maybe just because they don't feel like getting rejected by a straight guy is in their list of plans for the day.
    I'm not saying you should get a girly attitude or come out in front of your whole school or something, just try to make yourself more...available:slight_smile:

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's easier to get a guy than a girl (at least for hookups). You just have to know where to look for them. As someone has already mentioned, most guys are not into other guys. Go to places where guys who are into other guys gather (gay bars/clubs, LGBTQ organizations etc.). You're bound to find someone.

5. sguyc

Its not lol