1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedmother, Aug 30, 2013.

1. confusedmother

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have posted in the LGBT later in life section, but hopefully I can also post part of my story here cause I'm so confused.

I am in my early 30's, married to a man, been together for 8 years, have a son together. House, good jobs, happy little family, lots of friends... everything is perfect... except for the fact that I think I may be a lesbian.

Have had long relationships with men since my teenage years. Never really thought about being a lesbian. Growing up there were zero lesbians around. I met the first lesbians when I was in my late 20's.

Did have a minor crush on a gf in highschool... kissed her, too.. but that was in a drunk moment...
    always had bf's but always more to 'score' or to not be alone. Never so much really utterly attrackted to them...

My current husband and my long term relationship before that, in both I have completely lost interest in sex. I don't really mind doing it, but it's just like doing the laundry, so to speak.

fell in love with a woman... and that rocked my world.
    Had to cut her loose when husband found out about it after a couple of days....
    never cheated on my husband, he does not deserve that...

but I suspect that I am 99,9% into the ladies... :icon_sad::confused: and that's not even a joke... I really don't know what to do :tears:

2. Snyder

It sounds like you are probably not straight. Now, this doesn't mean you are a lesbian or that you can't be in love with your husband. Before we go any further you should probably answer this question: Are you in love with your husband? Also, have you ever been in love with a man. That's not sexually attracted. Just romantically in love.

3. Stephany

I am married, almost 12 years...3 children. Sex got boring for us too. We literally got to a breaking point of...let's just do it to get it over with. But then we sat down and had a huge heart to heart. Not just over the sex, but everything. We had become roommates with benefits. We decided we were either going to work on getting us back on track or separate. I am still young and if this isn't going to be forever, I'd like to know now. For days we didn't talk. Days after that I cried all the time, so did he. Then we started making serious efforts to be there for each other, to give praise and affection and I must say..with that the sex is way better. Are we 100% okay? No. But we are certainly working our hearts out to make us okay.... because we both know that if we walked away with out giving our all...then we'd kick ourselves forever.

Be honest with your husband...like no judgement honest. Don't judge him, don't let him judge you. Open your hearts to each other. Pour out your souls to each other.

I wish you luck.

*Stephany*