1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know anymore

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by That Dan Man, Aug 30, 2013.

1. That Dan Man

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, I am 16 and I recently came out as gay. For more than a year that is what i thought i was sure of but as i said i recently came out but now i'm starting to question myself more than ever, i'm doubting myself and i can just about feel what little confidence i've ever had in myself dropping. I just don't know now, do i like guys? do i like girls? do i like anyone? am i gay? or Bi, or straight? I've never been in a relationship but i've had a few crushes the vast majority of which guys. I don't know what to do, it's gonna drive me insane. anything anyone can give me is helpful and if its confusing i apologize, i do also struggle to express myself

2. Nick07

:slight_smile: and why is it so important to label yourself? You are looking for your soulmate. For someone who will be a good friend to you, a good partner. When you meet the person, you will know. Be it a girl, or a guy. Give yourself the luxury of freedom. You don't need to make a decision and stick to it :slight_smile:

3. That Dan Man

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    and now i have broken, not knowing things kills me and this isn't an everyday oh damn i cant figure out that maths problem, i can't figure out what i am! i dont know what to do, what should i do? damn i sound pitiful but now i just dont care

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2013 at 01:51 PM ----------

Oh dear god i dont even make sense anymore

4. GirlWhoWaited

You are human. You are a work in progress. And you know what? That's more than okay. Questioning yourself just means that you're aware that you're constantly evolving as a person. You already know that you're brave enough to own up to the parts of yourself that might not make the world happy. You put it out on facebook. You're way ahead of the curve. Relax and just be That Dan Man. P.S.- I'm 25 and I didn't identify as anything until a month ago. It's not a big deal. (*hug*)

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really HAVE to label yourself than consider the following.

Imagine your perfect partner. Not what they look like, just their personality.
    Now imagine two people, one girl and one boy. Not perfect looks, just good enough that if you saw them in the street you would take a second look. If you can easily say you'd pick one or the other, you have your preference. If you can't quite decide, consider yourself bi and move on. Personally I wouldn't use this method but if you MUST have an answer RIGHT NOW that's the only way I can see it happening.

6. This is actually very interesting. I've never thought about doing this. Hmm... :icon_redf

7. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if this breaks any rules, but certain sites with long compilations of photos of cute guys and cute girls helped me figure out my sexuality. I'm a little hesitant to say it, but have never heard anyone get in trouble for just mentioning sites like Facebook or twitter so I'll just go ahead and recommend tumblr for you. They don't have to necessarily be revealing photos, but cute guys and cute girls nonetheless. I'm sure if a cluster of people think the photos are of attractive people and you don't, maybe you aren't interested in that gender.

Another thing that might help is looking back at who you naturally check out. I almost always catch myself checking out guys, so I'm pretty sure I'm gay.

Hmmm I am trying to think how else I can help cause I deleted my account and only have 48 hours left to give back to this community :smilewave

:icon_bigg Who do you crush on and consider spending the rest of your life with, being romantic with, doing intimate things with and stuff like that?

Think about those questions and see if they help you figure out if you're for one gender or the other. You could also be for both.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!

8. That Dan Man

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks people, that was a bad night for me an these really helped :slight_smile: