1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curiosity killed the cat

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Phoenix762, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Phoenix762

Phoenix762 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I have been sexually curious about men since I was in my early 20's. Never would I imagine I would feel this way about the same sex. Because I have always found women attractive. Even when I was a little kid during the days I was afraid of cooties.

Currently I'm in a relationship with a wonderful woman named Myrah. She knows my feelings about sex and what turns me on. She is a strong believer in God and she was raised to dislike anything relating to LGBT. However, she tells me she respects my feelings and tells me I should understand who I am.

I'm thankful she's in my life because without her I would feel like life is not worth anything. So I would like to better understand myself and my sexuality. How can I properly express myself that I can still have respect for others? My girlfriend is the only person who knows this so I do not know how to express to others. Forgive me if this sounds weird or anything like that.

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    What do you mean by "express myself"?

3. Phoenix762

Phoenix762 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    What I men is know who I am. Does this explain it better?

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. It does. Well, if your girlfriend gives you permission to go out and experiment, just do it. Find a guy who you like, don't lead him on, and see what happens.

5. Phoenix762

Phoenix762 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    During my break from work I went to the gay bar nearby. Since I'm a businessman bars are very common when socializing with others. I enjoyed my time and socialized with others. especially the men. There was a gorgeous black man who was very big and look so hot. I wondered if he likes multiracial athletic men? I would have to meet him again because I cannot keep him off my mind.

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good. Do that. Are you from Asia?

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have any sense of integrity, the above is not very good advice.

Not to rain on your parade, but have you told Myrah what's going on here? It's not OK to be going and hanging out with gay men, particularly when you're feeling an attraction to one, and not tell your partner.

Think about if the roles were reversed. Would you not feel really hurt and betrayed if she went behind your back and was feeling strongly attracted to some other person?

8. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    From what I understood, his girlfriend is allowing him to explore his sexuality (at least that's what I got from the "she (...) tells me me I should understand who I am" part). I also said "if your girlfriend gives you permission to go out and experiment" in another post. Surely he's gotten it, no?

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that's the case, I stand corrected and I apologize.

To me, "Understand who you are" is pretty different than "I understand your need to go out and experiment, and you have my blessing." But if she has, indeed, given him permission to go out and experiment, then yes, pursuing things slowly and carefully makes sense here.

10. Phoenix762

Phoenix762 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for the reply guys. No, I'm from America and I identify as Latino/Hispanic. Right now I'm just exploring for fun. Nothing related to sex. Fantasy is one thing. Myrah and I are still going strong and I know I have to respect her feelings.