1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just me being confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by badAtUserNames, Aug 30, 2013.

1. badAtUserNames

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Before I start I apologize for my bad English, I'm a computer scientist so not exactly on the top of my priority list. So, here is my situation: I'm a 22 year-old female student going to college. Not to sure on my sexual orientation, I've had a few boyfriends, most didn't last more than a few months. But recently I've found myself thinking about one of my best friends... a female friend... a lot... And I have run into a bit of a wall.

Allow me to explain about her. About 6 months ago she got out of a relationship with her serious boyfriend of 2 years. But the thing is, after that anytime he would call her she would go... he lived ~50 miles away! :bang: And then when he moved to another state she left her brother with me to go "help him pack a few things" for an entire 2 days. Ok, this already sounds stupid but stick with me here.

I've attempted to flirt with her mostly just little things like finding excuses to touch her, complementing her, anyway I'm pretty much incapable of being subtle so I think that she notices. But some of my friends seem to have a special power of not being aware of being hit on/flirted with. At the same time it seems to me like she might be flirting back?! examples: I tend to pull away from hugs before she does, she has actually cuddled up to me on a few occasions(although this might be due to the fact I'm a heater and she's cold), blushes a lot, and in general leans into my attempts at flirtation. I don't know, I fully admit that I might be reading into some stuff.

I kinda think I want to try this. But what if I lose her friendship? or even worse, it just becomes so awkward that we just ignore each other till we pass in the halls and make awful small talk.:tears: (yes, happened with a friend I asked out in high school)

So I guess my questions for you all is: What do you think? Should I go for it? and if I do what should I do? Is there any way I can keep awkward small talk in the halls out of the equation?

ps. sorry for the long post but it feels good to have somewhere to talk about this. currently in the closet so I can't really talk to my friends/family about this.

2. I think you might be overanalyzing a little on the things that make her seem interested in you. If she's the type of person to accept advances from friends, then go ahead and tell her that you might be romantically interested in her. Don't be too sad if it turns out she was just being friendly/doing what girls do, and is not interested back. Also, prepare for the worst if it turns out she's disgusted in you. Depending on how she accepts being hit on by the same-gendered friend, she will respond accordingly, and unfortunately there's no way to control the outcome. I would be direct to avoid any confusion in your feelings.

3. questions

questions Guest

I'm going through something really similar right now (adding to the complications, I'm in a relationship with a guy who I love and wouldn't hurt, but I'm accidentally infatuated with another woman). I would be really careful about interpreting the signals. Sometimes girls can be really physically affectionate just because. I also wouldn't say anything to her until you're ready to come out to a group of people, because if she reacts badly, there's the possibility that she might gossip.