1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can sexuality change in 1 month?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by UIOP, Sep 1, 2013.

1. UIOP

I have always only been attracted to women, both sexually and in terms of a relationship. I was always certain that I was not attracted to men. However, last month, something just changed and I started finding myself getting sexually attracted to men. It was not just one or two men either but it seems to be some masculine features which I find attractive. I suddenly found I was attracted to an old friend who I never used to be attracted to at all. I've also been imagining what it would be like to have a boyfriend (i.e. not just sexual stuff).

I guess it makes me feel a little strange because I always used to only like women. The idea of being with any man, in a relationship or sexually, would have repulsed me 2 months ago. But now it just feels natural.

Sorry, I'm rambling :lol:. Basically, I don't know if I am actually bisexual or if this is just a 'phase'. I mean, can sexuality just change like that? I've started becoming more confident in myself recently and getting more sociable than I ever was (I used to be a bit of an introvert) - could that be causing this? It's confusing... :confused:

2. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean. For me the whole realisation -> acceptance -> coming out, mostlu happened in July and August 2012. It was so strange, I started looking back and realising for a while I was not 100% sure for years, but it all really happened really quickly.
    So, yes. It can all happen in a month.
    Plus, I like Bi, it's greedy and unsure. So, I came out as bi, because I don't really know what I am.
    I'm taking after you now, just rambling :slight_smile:

3. UIOP

Haha, rambling is good :slight_smile:

Thank you Annon, that's reassuring to know. I think I quite like being bi now actually.

4. Stephany

I don't think your sexuality can change...but I think the realization of your true self can change at anytime.