1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Again...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ahundredpennies, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

I had feelings for this girl about 5 months ago and I told myself ok, you don't completely like girls, it was just this one girl you like. So hey, maybe you're bisexual. And I've stuck with that up to this point.
    I met this amazing girl a few days ago and we have so much in common and her eyes are the most beautiful things I've seen and I just want to hold her in my arms. The thing is, I've met one guy who was cute and everything, but it doesn't go as far as it does with the new girl I met. With the girl I want to write about her, think about her, etc. The feelings I have for girls don't fade away whereas the "feelings" for guys do, rather quickly. I will see the guy again and think oh, he's not that cute. But the girl will stick with me. Does that mean I'm only gay because the "attraction" I have towards guys wears off and it doesn't with girls?

2. ItalianBlueEyes

Hey Pennies,
    Sounds like there are two facts for sure and those are your attractions to girl #1 & girl #2.

Assuming they're the only people you've ever had real feelings for...
    Great! You're not a one on the Kinsey. I think we can rule out two, but you could still be anywhere from three (bi) to completely 100% "taste the rainbow" gay. Sexuality is confusing.

So, being a lesbian isn't never being somewhat physically "oh my gosh he's cute" attracted to guys. It's about only feeling that intense emotional, physical, sexual connection... with girls. 2/2 crushes, may not tell you everything yet! Give it time... it could all make more sense after a few more attractive females, and a couple of meh guys.

if, later on, you realize that yep, you're a lesbian, remember:
    It's not "Only gay." It's gay... a positive thing! Well, lesbian, but the more you look at it as something that makes you stand out like a rare but adorable endangered species, the better you'll feel about it.

Who would you rather hug: all your guy friends or all your female friends?

Keep on questioning it, but don't worry too much. Just enjoy the girl you're with now :slight_smile:

3. This sounds a lot like me! Sometimes I will see a guy and think "Oh, hey, he's cute." but that's pretty much as far as it will go. I am somewhat attracted to guys but I can never really see myself in a relationship with one. My whole experience has been pretty durned confusing, and I've given up on trying to confine myself within the boundaries of a label. If someone were to ask me, I would probably just tell them I like girls. But again, I don't think it's necessary to find a label, just be sure whoever you fall in love with makes you happy.

4. ahundredpennies

I'd rather hug my girl friends because guys smell bad lol.

5. Holly

I think it depends how much you want to base your sexuality on either romantic or sexual attraction, or the kinsey scale. If you were to base it on sexual attraction, the label bisexual would probably fit. However, if it was romantic, I would say gay/lesbian would fit.

Personally, I base my sexuality on my romantic attraction. I can understand when a guy is attractive, but it never goes any further than that. This may be what you're feeling.