1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Here...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RosiePeg, Sep 2, 2013.

1. RosiePeg

um..... hi I'm Rosie. I've been scouring the internet for somewhere for me to get some advice.... I'd suggest you take a seat, this is going to be one hell of a story....
    I'm 20, been seemingly straight my whole life until this past Christmas. all my friends came home from college talking about their sexual endeavors and all the things they've been doing and they took the opportunity to pick on my flannel shirt, ponytail, and virginity and began to call me the lesbian because electively I haven't wanted to engage in sex with anybody. the entire month of january I was nervous and in a tizzy because I thought for sure they were right and I was a lesbian, even though I had no attraction or interest in women. fast forward to today, and I've had a female friend on the internet that I'm extremely close to, for almost four months.... she's absolutely wonderful and we hit it off so well when we first started talking that jokingly she said we should get married. I laughed, and then the running joke for all our massive humorous flirting bouts, and silly things we do to each other, the joke is that one of us is gonna turn the others' sexuality... so here Ive sat for the last few weeks wondering if I'm starting to love my best friend, or if I' just happens to be a deeply rooted friendship where picking and teasing, because she's gone off and made new friends and talked to people I don't like and I've gotten insanely jealous, because i want her attention.... I honestly can't determine if it's me, starting to like her beyond the realms of friendship, or me, just doing what I do where I get wildly jealous of my friends having other friends than me..... I'd really love some kind of help or guidance.... I don't really know what to do...... thank you for listening.....

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... Would you kiss her?

3. RosiePeg

well..... I don't think one kiss defines someone's sexuality..... thinking about kissing her doesn't set my heart fluttering or light off fireworks or anything, right now kissing her in my imagination is like kissing a brick wall, no attraction. If it were someone I were actually attracted to, wouldn't I get all daydreamy and swooning and happy just thinking about a kiss?

4. Lindsey23

I think since you are not attracted to her and have no interest in kissing her you are probably not gay. When I've had crushes on girls I wanted to kiss them. It sounds like she is just a really good friend. Friends can get jealous of their friends friends.

I think attraction and desire make a persons orientation. Some people are attracted to the same sex, most are attracted to the opposite sex, others are attracted to both and then others are attracted to neither.

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2013 at 08:53 AM ----------

Just another thought...if she's making a lot of jokes about getting married and that you'll turn each others sexuality then maybe she's hinting that she isn't 100% straight. Of course it could just be a running joke but some people do drop hints to gauge anothers reaction.

5. RosiePeg

well, yeah...... I just.......it's a fine line and I really don't know which side I'm on. we started off crazy straight chicks and are so ridiculously close best friends that we've teased sometimes about just getting the wedding over with because we're perfectly stupid together and such. I think if I were to kiss her, nothing would really happen, I mean, besides my normal reaction to any kiss, just a brief moment of blushing because I rarely kiss people lol. I've been getting ridiculously jealous lately, because normally we do all kinds of character writing roleplays together and suddenly she's not been able to talk to me as often and I see her giving all her attention to other roleplayers and its just, I can't tell if my possessiveness over her and not wanting to share her is a best friend thing or a more than friends thing. I'm always a little scared that I'm going to cross that line and not know it....

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like fun banter between friends to me. Over the years I have had friends that made me jealous because they were hanging out with other people but thats common and part of life it doesn't mean you have an attraction to them. The fact that you said you have never been attracted to girls and that when you imagine kissing her it's like kissing a brick wall lead to believe that you aren't even bi-curious.

But what do I know I'm just a redneck from Arkansas lol.