1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jordan Lennon, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Jordan Lennon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm pretty sure that I'm bisexual, but I don't know. I look at girls a lot, and I love how beautiful they look, but it's like when I look at, for example, a seal. I think, that's beautiful, but I feel little or no desire. But when I look at guys, I long for them, but I don't know. Their beautiful, but I just don't know. And I don't know anyone else I can talk to.:confused:

#1 Jordan Lennon, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Holly

Sorry, the seal example made me laugh. I hope you wouldn't feel desire for a seal... You're in the right place if you want to talk to someone. EC is a great place to get advice.

As for your situation, bisexual seems to be a reasonable term, as you clearly have attraction to both genders. Have you considered the bigger pictures, such as relationships? This may help you get a better grip on your sexuality.

Would you have a long term relationship with a girl?
    Would you have a long term relationship with a guy?

It's clear that you have attraction for both genders, but by the sounds of it, you only want a relationship with a guy? Depending on what you want to base your sexuality more off (sexual attraction or romantic attraction), this could mean you're either bisexual (sexual), or gay (romantic). That's just the vibe I got from your post, but feel free to contradict me.

Ultimately, labels are a social construct, so you haven't got to conform exactly to the label you choose. Many people are technically Kinsey 4-5 (see The Kinsey Scale but identify as gay. Don't feel like you have to pick the exact label that is stupidly long that fits you, just go for one that you're comfortable with.

3. Ohhai

Does it matter? I don't mean that in a rude way, I mean like, if you're unsure at the moment, why rush to find out? Why not accept that you're unsure for a while? And maybe it'll come to you in time xx

4. Jordan Lennon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Holly: If I was attracted to a seal, I would probably be seeing a psychiatrist, haha.
    I could see myself in a long term relationship with both sexes, now that I think about it. I think I would be a four going by Kinsey, I think.
    Ohhai: It's alright, I'm not offended. I just think, before I do get into a relationship, I would like to know, so I don't disappoint myself or someone else. Plus, I've been unsure for a while, but I've been scared/embarrassed to do anything.