1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight... ish?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Oh hello, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So as my orientation says, I'm straight, but curious. Now allow me to tell you about how I started questioning my sexual orientation. I have always thought I was straight, but this past year I have been looking at guys more and finding myself more attracted to them. I find that I'm more romantically and sexually attracted girls my age and have had a girlfriend before which I dated for a few months as well. With guys, it's just more sexual. Now what makes this hard for me is the fact that I'm 16 and might not be in the best place to judge all this and am really looking for advice. Also sorry for the corny title.

2. RoguesWolfe

Could you ever imagine yourself being with a guy? Besides sexually?

3. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Eeeh, iffy, but I'm kind of new to having feelings for guys.

4. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are at the age where you're questioning your sexuality. It's natural. If you try to repress it, the curiosity will grow even stronger.
    Try not to think of a white bear for a minute. It's impossible, because you'll eventually check yourself: "i must not think of a white bear" "shit, I just thought of a white bear!".
    So if you tell yourself not to look at guys, you'll end up doing the opposite, it's reverse psychology.
    So you can keep questioning, explore your sexuality in your head first, and then in your bed, don't do things you'll regret, don't force or rush yourself to try new things, exploring your sexuality is something that takes time.
    If you see both sexes sexually you might be bisexual. But maybe the reason you're looking at girls sexually is because you've been told that this is how you should think ever since you were a kid, and maybe in the future you'll decide that girls don't satisfy you as much as guys. It's all in your hands, and depends on the decisions you make. Don't try to put yourself under the label of "gay" or "bisexual" or even "straight". Our sexuality is something completely personal and unique, and labels are for clothes.
    Best of luck on deciding what's best for you!

5. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, well thanks for the advice man this really helps. Anyway I think I'll keep as straight but curious just because it leaves no real label and feels comfortable.

Best wishes! Hope you have a good night/day