1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is penis size important?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JessicaWolfess, Sep 7, 2013.

1. JessicaWolfess

Since I only have a 5 inch penis I usually don't discriminate against men with small dicks and because of this could have a boyfriend with even a 1 inch penis. So is size important to you?

2. im not a guy nor do i see them that way but it shouldnt be important at all. its literally something you cannot change, the person should like you for who you are not for the size of you.

i know some gay guys though who wont date a guy who is small, but there is good and bad in every circle. just liek some women wont date girls who have small boobs, some wont date ones with big boobs, e.t.c.

it shouldnt matter though, confidence is key!

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

5 inch is only a little below average. If you use a ruler and add 1 inch onto your size, you'll see it's really not even noticeable, so don't worry.

As the above poster said, there are people who care about people too small and there are people who care about people too big. Most wont care though.

4. nkwacky

nkwacky Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to me. I'd go out with a guy who has a smaller one than mine, I'd have something to tease him about! Haha..
    Unless it is just 1 inch, which I don't even think is possible. 5 is perfectly fine, dude.. If a guy rejects you for that, he's not worth it.

5. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    I would rather be with a man who had a smaller than bigger penis, maybe not 1 inch though, but size isn't important as the whole person is more important.

6. srslywtf

nobody cares that much really.. well maybe people who like to fist... but eww

also the average size is 5.something.. and remember that doesnt mean everyone has a 5.something inch penis, it means that approximately 40ish% of penises are about 5 inches and approximately 40ish% of penises are about 6 inches

7. If I was with a man I love - not important
    Random fling - important

8. Holly

If I liked guys, it wouldn't matter to me at all. Ultimately, it's such a trivial thing compared to someone's love!

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I think it's more important to a guy that you have a penis. I think any guy would be thrilled to have a penis stand at attention for them. :thumbsup:

10. AKTodd

Not really no. I've been with guys who were probably a good inch shorter than you and guys who were in the 8-9in range (my estimates are fuzzy because it's not like we were digging out rulers and measuring or the like). What I mainly learned from all that is that it's not how much a guy has between his legs, it's what he does with it.

While a really big dick can be visually or emotionally exciting to look at or think about doing stuff to/with, at the end of the day sex is about sensations.

A really big guy who doesn't really know what he's doing (and doesn't care to learn - he's just letting his size carry him basically) is going to very rapidly run out of anything to offer vs a less endowed guy who is both skilled and attentive enough (or willing to learn how to become that way) to make his partner gasp, groan, writhe and thrust involuntarily, and ultimately cum so hard that his whole body is vibrating from the shocks of pleasure running through it (both during ejaculation and for a good minute or three afterward) and feeling totally drained, satiated, and lethargic afterward.

For that matter, an average or smaller guy who doesn't know what he's doing/doesn't care to learn is going to rapidly run out of things to offer as well.

Sidebar: For those larger guys here who are feeling like everyone always assumes that if you're big you don't know how to be a good lover. That is of course not the case and not what I'm saying. Being a good lover is a learned skill based on empathy for others. If you've got that and have taken/are willing to take the time to learn how to be a responsive and caring sex partner, more power to you:thumbsup: My point to the OP is merely that being bigger is not an automatic 'win' in the sex dept. Ok, moving on.

To put this a somewhat different way:

If you're giving oral, your size doesn't matter.
    If you're receiving oral, your size doesn't matter.
    If you're topping, within broad limits (which you are well within) your size doesn't matter.
    If you're bottoming your size doesn't matter.
    If you're kissing/touching/doing body contact, or engaging in mutual masturbation; within broad limits (see above) your size doesn't matter.

Hope this helps,

Todd

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to say it but for me it sort of is? I've had several bfs with smaller ones and while in some of those cases I was the top...same time as a bottom I'll admit I kind of like a little more to fill me up? I know...awkward to say but yeah.

12. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed
    Well to an extent. It depends on what your doing with the fling. If it's anal (though not typically something I do with a fling) the OP is fine. But I love giving head and absolutely love the feeling of deap throating someone. But like me the OP falls into that grey area where it's just big enough to hit the back of your throat but not big enough to pass your gag reflex. So in this case I prefer them be somewhere between 6.5 and 8 or so.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well any penis is fun to play with, though if it's too small that we can't even use it, then that would be a problem. I prefer penises to be about average size, not too big, not too small. Too big can make sex painful, too small can make sex impossible.

But really, as long as he has a penis that can do its job, I wouldn't spoil an otherwise good relationship over its size.

14. cemma

I once heard my Aunty say and quite rightly "It's not the size of the worm, it's how they jiggle the bait."

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to my personal feelings, my basic thought is "all things being equal, the bigger the better".

...which can lead people to think I'm something of a size queen. But actually, that first bit is extremely important. Yeah, if you gave me two guys who were identical in every way except their cock size, I'd pick the bigger one. But two guys are NEVER identical. And their cock size is much less important than a bunch of other factors. If you give me the choice between an asshole with a large one, and a fun guy with a small one, I'll take the fun guy every single time. Cock size is a lot like, oh, their car. All things being equal, I'd like him to have a green one. That doesn't mean guys with blue cars or red cars or NO cars don't have a shot at me. Just a slight preference, that's all. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. JessicaWolfess

Well thanks all for boosting my self esteem about my size

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny topic, actually. Had a friend who got married ridiculously early and got divorced. The girl's parents did not like him. She was not a great catch either. Because my friend was not real alpha, her mother extrapolated this to be indicative of his size. She told her daughter that "I am concerned that he may not have enough manhood to satisfy you the way that dad does for me." Wow.

It doesn't matter and most people are somewhere around average. The oversized guys sort of rest on their laurels, it seems. However, isn't it interesting how it's a popular enough topic for MEN in high school locker rooms and dorm showers?

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Penis size doesn't really matter to me that much. There are things you could and couldn't do with a bigger one, and the same with a smaller one. I definitely wouldn't turn a guy down because of it.

19. Diego89

Well not for me and I hope most guys won't mind since I'm the same size as you. Sometimes I do wish I was a little bigger but meh, could be worse, right? :icon_wink

20. isaacfalls

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    from my hetero experiences, the actual sensitive bit of the vagina is only so deep you know?

my gay friends always say that "not even a size queen marries for inches" so basically maybe random flings it would matter according to the person but for something important? doubtful