1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I don't know anymore

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fluteloop, Sep 7, 2013.

1. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I am very confused. I've told a few people, my color guard and a few close friends, that I am pretty sure I only like girls. Most of them support me, but the other ones tell me I am going through a phase and that I need to date more guys. I've dated guys, and I have not felt anything with them. I've kissed a few girls, and went out with some too. I really liked it, but now with all of the criticism I am getting, I am very confused. Would somebody be able to talk to me and help me? Also, my parents and family have no clue.
    :bang:

2. Gen

Gen

Never allow other people to interfere with your confidence in yourself. You have given being with guys a try and it simply wasn't for you. If being with women is what brings you happiness, then that is what you must do. There will always be those who don't agree with who you are, who you're with, and every other aspect of yourself that can possibly be dissected.

You have to love and accept yourself as you are. No one else's approval is necessary.

3. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you :slight_smile:

4. srslywtf

Agreed with gen!

5. Ideate Me

Ideate Me Guest

This is certainly true but the fucking shithouse thing about being young and queer is that you are reliant on other people for the most part for your safety and security - housing, clothing, food - so I would not be inclined to advise Fluteloop on whether or not to come out to her parents and family.

My only advice to you Fruitloop would be this: accept who you are and love who you are and that is all you need right now. It has taken me 20 years to come to terms with my same sex attraction and even now I am still confused as to whether I'm gay or bi, so I kind of envy you that you are acknowledging who and what you are attracted to at so young an age. This should give you an incredible amount of confidence going through life as the hardest thing in this world to do is to stay true to yourself.

Good luck with everything.:icon_bigg

6. BIloverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never let people put you down you are who you are never let someone tell you other wise I'm 13 and I've been criticized my whole 6th 7th and 8th grade life it's hard but thing will turn for the better

7. pippi

Gen said it perfectly! Be who you are and be with whomever brings you happiness!

8. BIloverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There you go:slight_smile: gen he gives good advice