1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused and need to talk to someone

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paracosm, Sep 8, 2013.

1. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    anyone here can talk to me. im a college student and i have been having feelings for someone and i dont know what to do. i need to talk to someone. ill give out my phone number through private messaging whenever someone replies. thanks

#1 paracosm, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. hypersonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    New members would not be able to use private messaging on this site, you should have a certain amount of posts before you can request to become a full member and use private messaging. Furthermore, giving out private information is not allowed on this site. If you would like to, you could post your problem on this thread.

3. babybop1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    or you could post it anonomysly.

I would love to help you but can't outside of this website.

4. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    okay. I am a college student. i always had girlfriends, and was always attracted to girls. but i had subtle feelings for guys as well. about three weeks ago i met a guy, an we became good friends. he was cute but i did not think of him anymore than a friend. this last weekend, i went to one of his friends house and we got drunk. he let me stay at his place since it was 5:30 am, and we were both tired. we lay in his bed and he starts spooning me. and everytime i moved my head or torso, he would hold me tighter. we started fingerlocking our hands together and playing with each others feet. i ended up turning my head and feel asleep. a couple of minutes later he lightly kissed my cheek, and then i kissed back. we then started making out and kissing each others neck. later that morning we woke up and we were just looking at tumblr blogs when one about kisses came up. i said i never done the spider man kiss, so he lays me down on his bed and starts making out with me upside down. i think i am starting to fall for him. like when i think of him i feel sick to my stomach. i want to be friends but i enjoy having him around me. i never felt like this for a guy before. do you think because this is my first kiss with a guy i feel like this? by the way he is gay

#4 paracosm, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. AKTodd

To me it sounds like you could be bi or at least bi curious. It also possible that you could be gay and just haven't realized it up to this point, but not enough info to really tell from this. There's nothing wrong with any of these options and, if you're enjoying your time with him and you like him, you could just go with the flow and see how things develop.

If you do decide you want to see where this goes, he should be willing to only move forward at a pace you are comfortable with and only doing things you are comfortable with. And always and only play safely.

On more general terms, I can understand that this could feel very strange for you, but are there any specific questions or concerns that you're having?

Hope this helps,

Todd

6. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    the concerns i am having is the friendship we created would be lost. we have a lot in common and have fun together. i guess because he is gay, i feel like he can understand what i am feeling towards guys. sometimes it is difficult to concentrate because i keep remembering that night. i am trying to not text him or think about him, but it is becoming difficult to do. i currently live alone in a apartment, so it does become sort of depressing not having anyone around to comfort me, but again i am too afraid of telling anyone about what happened

#6 paracosm, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. BIloverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only thing you can do is talk to them thats how I got my girlfriend and boy friend we just talked and they turned out to like me back hopefully the same thing will happens to you :smile:

8. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @biloverboy yeah, i think i should talk to him this weekend. i guess i am just scared he wont feel the same way. or if me telling him i like him would make our relationship a bit awkward.

9. AKTodd

Honest communication is almost always the best approach to these sort of things. You've been spooning and kissing and making out. That seems like something that sort of calls out for a bit of discussion. Basically, ask him about what happened and how he feels about it. Explain your concern about how it could impact your friendship. Depending on what he says and if it feels right, explain your developing feelings for him and your confusion re never having felt this way about a guy before. etc.

That can all be kind of scary, but its better to get this sort of thing clear from the get go rather than tap dancing all around the issues.

Todd

10. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im just really confused. we have not texted or talked much after that. i am not sure if he likes me or if it was just in the moment. I already made an appointment to talk to my schools counselor. i just really to talk to someone in person.

11. penguin machine

I've been there. I think a lot of us have. I say that you might want to talk to him about it. If you think he's honest and trustworthy, then I'd say there's a good chance he'll be a good place to start. He probably has some experiences of his own that might enlighten you, or at least make you feel more comfortable with something that is both perfectly okay, and enviable. If something like that had happened at any point in my life, It might not have taken 10 years for me to come out of the closet.

I say cherish the sweet moment you had with someone special, and be honest with yourself. I'm bisexual, and I couldn't understand how anyone could not be. It's hard to find a connection in this life, so appreciate it, enjoy it for whatever it is, and talk to your friend. You have nothing to worry about.

12. AKTodd

Bear in mind that he may be feeling some confusion himself. Since you've been good friends before this, he could share your concerns about the impact of this on your friendship. He may be worried that you're feeling weirded out by it or that you will blame, reject, or even attempt to hurt him for 'seducing' you. Depending on what sort of person he is, he may be feeling guilty about 'taking advantage' of a straight guy.

If talking to someone in person feels right for you, then by all means do so. But at some point, you should also talk to him.

Todd

13. paracosm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have never been this nervous to talk to someone lol. him and i do go to yoga every sunday so i will talk to him that day or either saturday if i have the guts... thank you guys. this experience is new to me.