1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open relationship for the bisexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Sep 9, 2013.

1. I think I've spent years upon years trying to figure out my sexuality and I've come to the conclusion that I am somewhat bi - I have a strong need to be very close to a woman emotionally and sometimes sexually but I still like being with men sexually and have strong crushes on men. I've been in relationships with both sexes and tend to lean towards women more.

I find that relationships with women tend to fizzle out and we become more like best friends with the occasional sex. With men, I'm not too big on the long term relationship (anymore) but love the sex. So I'm looking more for an open relationship with a woman so I can still have sex with men.

Does anyone have any experience with these types of relationships?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've had very limited experience (during my questioning phase) and fortunately, it did not last long. I felt like I was pretending to be someone I was not because I couldn't accept being gay. I think what you're looking for is to have a primary relationship with a woman and invite a guy in occasionally or as often as you'd like. And I think your best bet would be to find someone who feels like you. Or you could always have a primary relationship with a woman and incorporate sex toys. It may not be "the real thing", but I'm sure loving that person would make the experience wonderful.

I've never been a huge fan of penetration with men, but it is a different story being with a woman. It finally makes both my emotional and sexual life fulfilling.

#2 pinklov3ly, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not experience, exactly...but quite possibly moving in that exact direction...with a myriad of questions and anxieties in my head (and in my partner's) about it.

I definitely agree that it is *so* much easier to contemplate doing this when your partner is also bisexual. You can be open to talk about things that a gay woman or straight man simply would not understand. Whether or not you'd opt to do it, you at least know that a FFM threesome would not inherently leave anyone out. And most importantly, you can support one another until you work out wtf you're gonna do about the whole situation.

I have heard a bit about various peoples' experiences, though...and it seems very mixed. The common factor to success stories is a couple of mature and self-confident people, who communicate *extraordinarily* well. By that description I think my partner and I have a shot. Someday. When we figure ourselves out. *rolls eyes...and winks*