1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Experimentation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gibbs82694, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Gibbs82694

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, I'm a freshman in college, and I've been debating my sexuality for a couple of years now. I was wondering how I would find someone willing to let me experiment with them so I could be sure. I've tried going to the Gay/Straight Alliance club meetings, but I feel a bit out of place (then again, there have been only 2 meetings). Everyone there seems out and flamboyant, and I'm pretty shy and quiet. I was wondering if any of you had any tips/advice.

2. penguin machine

The GSA might be a good place to start. I'd say try and find opportunities to find friends there, because having a legitimate and meaningful friendship with someone you can talk to about you curiosity and interest is definitely preferable to just hoping to trip into some guys pants.

Just make sure you're honest. You're a bit curious and aren't interested in getting in over your head. You might make a friend who's been in that situation, and he might have exactly the advice and experience you're looking for.

3. PrincessFiesta

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel ya. I started with my college's GSA club and worked from there. Kinda let school settle in a little bit and keep going to the GSA club (and try other clubs that interest you). Eventually you will meet people in the dorms and other clubs and you will make friends. These friends will invite you to hang out and meet lots of new people at events and parties. Be yourself! You don't have to necessarily come out and tell people that you may be curious. Just kinda let it flow and don't force anything on yourself.
    - I know what you mean about other people in GSA being open, flamboyant, and very confident. It IS kinda intimidating at first. lol. I remember being a freshman and going to my first GSA meeting and feeling overwhelmed! Everyone looked confident about their sexuality and I was still curious and questioning. Haha. If you feel overwhelmed, you can always wait a few weeks, get settled, and then come back. Maybe bring a friend who is an ally or something so that you don't feel as intimidated. :slight_smile:
    Best of luck! College is full of people willing to experiment. Many are in the same predicament as you! Trust me, you'll find them. :slight_smile:

4. yidnah87

When I was in college, I was completely closeted, so I never considered joining my college's GSA equivalent. However, I had a desire to 'experiment' with other men. I joined a few of the gay networking sites and met a few other 'curious' guys on and around campus. Just use your common sense, meet in a neutral location and play safe!