1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got called a lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Zac, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Zac

Zac

I just got called a lesbian because I never want children.... And because I hate sex with men... How do people come to that conclusion about me?

2. Holly

It's a general misconception that lesbians are lesbians because they hate men and don't want children. It's pure ignorance in my mind. It's mainly because it goes against the stereotypical role of a woman (the doting mother and wife). I'd like to think nowadays we are escaping that stereotype, but people are too ignorant to understand being gay is not about your choice on marriage/husbands/children.

I'm sorry people came to such a bigoted conclusion over you, they really should be more open-minded...

3. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Not wanting children does not = lesbianism, but truth be told hating sex with men could make people think you are either gay or at least asexual.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this ^

5. Zac

Zac

It doesn't bother me to be called a lesbian because its not an insult but its not the first time it has happened. I've never been with a girl before either, I've thought about it but not acted on it.

6. sammy1

Yah I agree with ardelia 100% I would have said the same thing if I didn't read all the comments

7. Lipstick Leuger

People are ignorant.

I am a Lesbian, I have carried three children(who are all teens and young adults now)and I adore men. I actually have mostly male friends. Take it as someone who is insecure abotu themselves, becuase obviously they are to have to state who YOU are. Seriously, sounds like they are insecure about their sexuality.......

8. Zac

Zac

I don't know what asexual is...

I know I like men, just when it comes to sexual stuff it freaks me out. Not sure if I like women or not

9. sammy1

Asexual means u have no desire to b with either gender sexually or romantically...some people may define it a lil different tho but that's what it means to me

10. Zac

Zac

Oh... I'm not that then

11. srslywtf

just an assumption..
    as annoying as they can be, we all do it sometimes without thinking... so I wouldnt write off the person that did it straight away. depends how they act in general I guess