1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time being attracted to a woman?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dcshoeco66, Sep 12, 2013.

1. dcshoeco66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm a 20 year old female, living in the States. I've never done anything romantic with another person, male or female; I've never even been kissed. Throughout my entire life, I've had crushes on men and have only been attracted to males. That is, up until now.

I've recently returned from a music tour that took us overseas. Within a week into it, I started noticing our accompanist in a different light. She's 35. I've always found her a bit intimidating, but discovered that she isn't too scary after all - she's actually a sweetheart. She has long blonde hair, an amazing body, plays piano and is also a great drummer, sings, does that sexy smoulder face, and is overall beautiful.. I can't get her out of my head.

I realize now that I've never really met anyone like her. I've always completely rejected the idea of being with a woman, but not now. Has she 'turned me somewhat gay'? Is this even possible? At the same time, I find myself still checking out handsome males regularly- on the street, for example.

I have a few potential issues, though. She is quite private about her life, doesn't open up to people often, and is religious (music head of a Lutheran church) as well. I am pretty sure that she is single, but have no way of finding out if she likes men or women. Is this even a real crush? On top of that, I feel like even if she was indeed single and into women, I don't think she'd even go for me since I'm so much younger and probably views me as a child. Just my thoughts.. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks : )

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    One thing to mention is unless your entire attractions towards women has now over powered your attraction towards women then I for one would say you madame have possibly met an exception; basically not everyone is 100% gay/straight, they have their little kinks and quirks that make them lean in the opposite direction slightly. 70% of women who identified as straight have admitted in a nationwide poll that they had a few crushes on their friends who were women in the past; no poll exists for men but I have many theories disregarding such and personally believe they are capable as well. Basically she could be, maybe; maybe not, but the real question is, do you want to approach her? This is something only you can decide. :slight_smile:

3. daisuke900

daisuke900 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. dcshoeco66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for your replies.. I just feel this way for her only. However, after beginning this crush on her, I've started to perhaps welcome the idea of being with both men or women and am not shutting it out as much anymore. The thing is that this just feels like any other previous crush I've had on a man. Wish I knew what to do :/

5. ukbrunette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm in the exact same position, I'm a 20 year old female from the UK.
    I've only ever had relationships with guys, however I'm also starting to question whether or not I like girls. It's SUCH a tough position to be in!
    I wish I had some constructive advice to give you but all I can offer is my support and for you to know you're not alone in this situation.
    Hopefully one day sexuality won't be such a big deal so we can all love whoever we want haha!
    But in all seriousness, hang in there, I'm trying to! xxx

6. dcshoeco66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Got another question... How do I go about starting to talk to someone about this? I don't know how to tell my best friend..